lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
311DaveR
Not Yet Wild

Default How can I confirm that I have AGM batteries in my ICON 2022 I40L?

Greetings all!

New owner here, and I have searched but just can't locate specific information that will help me with my question. I just purchased my cart, and they told me it had AGM batteries (upgrade). For the life of me, I can't tell if they are or are not. They have "221221-M" stamped in white on the top of the batteries, and there are 4 small caps on top of each battery (these don't appear to be "easy open" if you know what I mean).

I just want to confirm that they are in fact AGM. any thoughts?

Thanks,
DaveR

311DaveR
311DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #2
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: How can I confirm that I have AGM batteries in my ICON 2022 I40L?

If they're sealed, then you probably do. If you can open them and add water, then you probably do not.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 03:01 PM   #3
311DaveR
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
If they're sealed, then you probably do. If you can open them and add water, then you probably do not.
Thanks, ATrain. What caught me off guard was the 4 interesting-looking caps on each battery, that are recessed at the top. My dealer has confirmed that they are AGM, and if I could post a pic I would (still figuring out how to post a pic).

What also threw me was on the charger it says "Trojan Battery Flooded/Wet", which is another reason why I wanted a second opinion.

Once I figure out how to post a pic, I will include it, but for now, I will consider this item closed.

Thanks, and I look forward to programming my cart soon, once my cable build is complete!

Thanks,
DaveR
Old 07-14-2022, 03:18 PM   #4
311DaveR
Not Yet Wild

Ok - here are 3 pics (attached). I was just REALLY surprised with the 4 "nuts", or whatever you call them. But I was assured by the dealer they are AGM.

Thanks,
DaveR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic1.jpg (104.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic2.jpg (111.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic3.jpg (78.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-14-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311DaveR View Post

What also threw me was on the charger it says "Trojan Battery Flooded/Wet", which is another reason why I wanted a second opinion.
When I bought my cart it originally had Trojans installed. The charger had "Trojan Battery Flooded/Wet" marked on the charger just like yours.

I upgraded to AGM's. The dealer installed the AGM batteries. He reprogrammed the charger for the AGM profile. Then he crossed out the Trojan reference and remarked it as AGM on the charger.

Unfortunately you don't know whether the dealer just forgot to change the markings or if he did not reprogram the charger for the AGM profile.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:40 AM   #6
311DaveR
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
When I bought my cart it originally had Trojans installed. The charger had "Trojan Battery Flooded/Wet" marked on the charger just like yours.

I upgraded to AGM's. The dealer installed the AGM batteries. He reprogrammed the charger for the AGM profile. Then he crossed out the Trojan reference and remarked it as AGM on the charger.

Unfortunately you don't know whether the dealer just forgot to change the markings or if he did not reprogram the charger for the AGM profile.
THANKS for sharing! I have the dealer's tech stopping out to update my cart (it only goes 20 today, and my dealer said he would bump it to 25 as well as work on another minor issue). When the tech arrives, I will share this with them.

My dealer did tell me that the cart "came from the factory with AGM, no changes at their shop", and I believe him. I called ICON yesterday and "support" is supposed to call me back and confirm that I do in fact have AGM batteries (and when they call, I will ask a good, probing question around this topic and the Trojan update).

Really appreciate the info!

DaveR
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon