lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
JTRUCKJMC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 Premix Users Need Ratio

Got a 86 G1 for free 3 years ago and am now just getting to this project.
Cleaned and touched up the paint and she looks great. I have never seen it run so I am cleanining out the oil and fuel systems before starting. I wanted to run it on premix first to see if the oil pump is working. What ratio would work? Anybody running premix gas regularly ( and what ratio) or is this a bad idea, I have read pros and cons. Any help is appreciated. THX and great forum!
JTRUCKJMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
shawn.m
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 Premix Users Need Ratio

heard 50-1 use good oil
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
turquoisterror
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Or do what I'm doing and put a snowmobile engine in it... if you swap to another motor you will no longer have reverse
turquoisterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
gatorgitter
Not Yet Wild

I run my G1 @ 100-1 , always have. it's been rode hard, and never had a mixture problem. I was told only to use 2-stroke oil designed for air cooled engines. When I ran out of Yamalube (2-S, I think it was) .it switched to weed-eater oil.... it's still running OK.

good lcuk,
gator.
gatorgitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
JTRUCKJMC
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

THX gatorgitter - I got the same info from a good source that said 100:1 was the ticket as well. I picked up some Penzoil 2 cycle outboard oil that is a good quality grade and mixed it up. Got the cart to run for awhile on it but I need to dial some other problems in to getting to run like it should on its own.
THX for your help!
JTRUCKJMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha