lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2014, 04:21 AM   #11
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Aftermarket EZGO Shock Absorbers

We have shock absorbers and we have dampeners. Cars use shock absorbers of various types. All extend on their own once you cut the strap and they want to stay extended.

A golf cart uses a dampener. It operates a little different. It will stay in any position you set it in and resisted motion in either direction. Change position and the process starts all over again.

I don't know who makes golf cart "shocks" but I have bought carts with automotive type on them and noticed right away. I change them out to the correct dampeners and the ride improves noticeably.

I've searched for an aftermarket replacement without success.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #12
ez_rider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Aftermarket EZGO Shock Absorbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
We have shock absorbers and we have dampeners. Cars use shock absorbers of various types. All extend on their own once you cut the strap and they want to stay extended.

A golf cart uses a dampener. It operates a little different. It will stay in any position you set it in and resisted motion in either direction. Change position and the process starts all over again.

I don't know who makes golf cart "shocks" but I have bought carts with automotive type on them and noticed right away. I change them out to the correct dampeners and the ride improves noticeably.

I've searched for an aftermarket replacement without success.
How often should "dampeners" be replaced? I have a 2011 fleet with 6050 miles on it. The ride is choppy on pavement at 20 mph.
ez_rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, shock absorbers, shocks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO