lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default `01 txt series,trouble continues

after seeing the cart run in forward and reverse,i have replaced all the cables with new larger ones,replaced the f/r switch(scotty`s)and switch board(golf cart king,austin tx)...now i have no go and the solinoid has power on both sides with the small wires hooked up or not...in the wiring diagram i pulled off the site it showes the controller having 4 poles(m-,b-,b+,a2) and my controller has no a2....so i probably have something wrong in the wiring and i think the wiring on the f/r switch might be 90 degrees off because i have no responce at the motor now in forward or reverse...my students looked over what was done and think it is wiried like the diagram shows and a friend stopped by and seemed to think it was also right...he is the one that pointed out the solenoid being hot on both sides and thought that was wrong... so i have a lot to learn and i hope i didnt hurt something-no smoke or other signs of trouble so far......

my switch is wiried this way...top pole_s1,left pole_a2,right pole_b+,bottom pole__s2...

controller is/m-is a1,b- is batt neg._b+ is b+and soliniod right side(2 cables on 1 pole,1 cable b+ and 1 cable solioid)no a2 pole...

solinoid, right pole b+_left pole is batt+....is that right?

cart beeps in reverse with key on or off....

Last edited by mutant; 09-24-2014 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: update
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: `01 txt series,trouble continues

These diagrams should help you sort it out...... what is the switch board you mentioned installing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-Series-Cable-install-diagram-#1-net.jpg (312.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Solenoid 09-14jpg.jpg (228.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0.1Ezgo F&R instruc 05-15-13 (2).jpg (105.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

it has a 1145 stamp on it -i ordered it off ebay from golf cart king in austin-it was for a series txt it said...it gives an intermittant beep in reverse-the old board gave a solid beep...thanks for the reply! the diagrams will help.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your solenoid is hot on both sides because of the pre-charged resistor across the large terminals. This is normal b
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

ok-wire`s are per diagram. in forward and reverse i have power through both sides of the switch-i have power to m- and b+ on the controller and nothing on b- on controller...i have no motor response in f/r and no solinoid click and no beep on the reverse beeper...hmmm
Old 09-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
ok-wire`s are per diagram. in forward and reverse i have power through both sides of the switch-i have power to m- and b+ on the controller and nothing on b- on controller...i have no motor response in f/r and no solinoid click and no beep on the reverse beeper...hmmm
Still confused on 'the board' you got ... Is it the F&R switch? If yes see my small wire diagram above for F&R install.

sounds like a solenoid activation circuit problem - print out this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (107.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

If you have no solenoid click your need to check the activation circuit, key switch, pedal switch, or micro switch on the FNR switch. Check the sticky's for a diagram
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

the actual f/r switch i got from you-the f/r board is from texas-i installed your switch on it...
Old 09-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
the actual f/r switch i got from you-the f/r board is from texas-i installed your switch on it...
I sell a complete F&R switch and I sell a switch cam.

I suspect that what you are saying is you bought a switch cam from me and a switch housing (which looks like a board) from some one else.

The install diagrams posted above give you all the diagrams and info on the parts and wiring.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I sell a complete F&R switch and I sell a switch cam.

I suspect that what you are saying is you bought a switch cam from me and a switch housing (which looks like a board) from some one else.

The install diagrams posted above give you all the diagrams and info on the parts and wiring.

that is right-if i had known-i would have got it all from you-thank again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO