lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Is oil injecting?

I picked up a 1990 Marathon 2stroke (basket case) and cleaned the carb and fuel pump and got it running. The owner said the oil injection system worked when he parked it but is there a way to tell for sure? I have a few other questions about the cart too, should I start a new thread for each question? Thanks guys,...I already learned a lot from this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (211.3 KB, 0 views)
branman1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
ttcfan4476
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Get rid of the oil injection. Its not worth burning the engine up when its easy to mix the fuel.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
ttcfan4476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Is oil injecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcfan4476 View Post
Get rid of the oil injection. Its not worth burning the engine up when its easy to mix the fuel.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
The way I understand it when the oil injection system fails it fails wide open....so no, you wont burn it up but it'll smoke like crazy. It'll never loose lube though.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the input guys. I plan on bypassing the injection, just wondered if there was a way to tell if it is working. I think I saw some blue smoke coming out of the exhaust.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

....you could drain gas, run pre-mix, simply disconnect oil line that runs to the intake manifold and abandon in-place. That way after you ride, you will see oil on and around your motor (not the cleanest thing to do, but mine was disconnected when I bought and just pumping oil/dripping... .) OR, you could buy clear tubing and simply replace the short line from the same manifold area down to the pump, run premix [again], then after your ride see if the tube fills with oil... .

In both scenarios you could jack the rear wheels, remove the seat, start, then a do a look-see (which might be easier for you).

...just some other thoughts.
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
branman1971
Getting Wild

Club Car

That's a great idea. I drained the two-stroke tank And premixed my fuel. It runs pretty good but I have to play with the Gov. linkage to get it to run decently. Also the muffler was not bolted to the cylinder and now that I have it bolted up with a gasket the cart is smoking white smoke like crazy. I hope I'm not damaging the engine. I'm told that it may be a buildup of oil in the muffler just being burned out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO