lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default G19 No Solenoid Click

G19, 49v on Batts. Solenoid does not click. 48v on the input side of solenoid.

When I jump Solenoid to main negative, it clicks. Cart still does not run.

No reverse buzzer.

I am guessing controller normally completes/closes the solenoid activation circuit based on input from throttle switch and F/R switch? If so, this means one of those two switches or the controller is bad?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G19 No Solenoid Click

You should be able to get the solenoid to close by pushing the cart any time the tow/run switch is in run. It should turn on, and try to resist rolling away. I think controller is bad.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You should be able to get the solenoid to close by pushing the cart any time the tow/run switch is in run. It should turn on, and try to resist rolling away. I think controller is bad.
Ok, just so I am 100% clear, if R/T switch is on and I push the cart and no rollaway resistance, the controller is bad? That is much easier than testing the controller inputs.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

As long as the rpm sensor is connected, it always will resist rolling away of pushed. This combo leads me right to controller.

- tow/run provides B+ to small red on solenoid, so we know tow/run works (controller provides B-)
- no reverse buzzer, or beep when pushing, and it is hooked up. (Controller powers reverse buzzer)
- controller doesn't resist being pushed
- solenoid operation has been tested

All points to bad controller.

It is my policy to remove & inspect motor when failed controller (because bad motors can kill controllers). It would be best for you to get a alltrax controller, not another stock one, you will get improved power and much higher top speed. With stock motor, I wouldn't go any bigger than "XCT-48400-G19"
Old 03-28-2019, 12:36 AM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
As long as the rpm sensor is connected, it always will resist rolling away of pushed. This combo leads me right to controller.

- tow/run provides B+ to small red on solenoid, so we know tow/run works (controller provides B-)
- no reverse buzzer, or beep when pushing, and it is hooked up. (Controller powers reverse buzzer)
- controller doesn't resist being pushed
- solenoid operation has been tested

All points to bad controller.

It is my policy to remove & inspect motor when failed controller (because bad motors can kill controllers). It would be best for you to get a alltrax controller, not another stock one, you will get improved power and much higher top speed. With stock motor, I wouldn't go any bigger than "XCT-48400-G19"
CG,

Thank you so much. I will double check the roll away and the motor. BTW, I have an extra working g29 motor, will that work on the g19?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:20 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

It would, with modifications (change plug on tach sensor). The G29 motor sure isn't a great one tho.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha