lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘95 DS 48v..won’t move with new batteries

Hey everyone! New to the forum. I searched for a while but couldn’t find anything identical to my issue. Just picked up my first club car. Me and a buddy are trying to get it going. It’s a ‘95 DS 48V. We put some batteries in it to see if it would move and to our not suprise...it did not. However we did find out our FNR switch has a bad micro switch on it. The one with the Grn/Wht wire and Blk/Wht. wire. This micro switch goes to the pedal and solenoid. We ended up jumping the micro switch wires to each other. When we did this we engaged the pedal and it started to move forward and just stopped. Almost like a fuse blew and it lost all power. Is there a fuse or anything we can change out to see if we can get this thing moving again? I have wiring diagrams and very little info as I’m new to the whole golf cart world. Thanks for your help. If you need anymore information just let me know! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E64BF232-422F-4174-8383-BB4F75A1344C.jpg (25.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F0D215AA-89ED-4F39-B47C-0E50C52C76B3.jpg (22.8 KB, 0 views)
Jbounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: ‘95 DS 48v..won’t move with new batteries

First thing to do is replace that micro switch. Might as well get a few if you are ordering them. The last wiring diagram in the Electric Club Car Wiring Diagram "Sticky" is for your cart so you can get familiar with it.

Also, Club Car used 2 different throttle systems that year. What is the serial number?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
First thing to do is replace that micro switch. Might as well get a few if you are ordering them. The last wiring diagram in the Electric Club Car Wiring Diagram "Sticky" is for your cart so you can get familiar with it.

Also, Club Car used 2 different throttle systems that year. What is the serial number?
I’ll order some switches for the near future. And I have the wiring diagrams thanks to the sticky. I have both colored and non colored lol. Been looking it over following wires I know that are there.

The serial # is A9545 473587
Old 05-31-2020, 07:16 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Unless it has been upgraded that cart has a silver Curtis controller with a 5k-0 throttle input from a pot box under the cart.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #5
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Yes, it does have the Curtis box. I looked under it and took some pics earlier. Also I have been chatting with another person, and he thinks the solenoid might have went bad? Does this sound like a possibility? Or are you leaning towards diagnosing the box? If so I’m good either way lol. I’m a diesel mechanic but the electrical carts are new to me lol. But I know my way around wiring for the most part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AA93A700-4142-4F15-8E9E-0ABD27062E20.jpg (124.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 177223DB-B9B0-4873-A0E0-CB5DE663BD56.jpg (153.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2020, 09:13 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I am not leaning toward any conclusion at this point. You must first replace the micro switch and get the activation circuit operational before anything further.

The only reason I asked about the serial number is so we will know what system we are dealing with.

Also, now is a good time to throw a good full charge on those new batteries.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:17 AM   #7
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Will do! When I get the parts installed I’ll get back to you! Thank you!
Old 06-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbounds View Post
Will do! When I get the parts installed I’ll get back to you! Thank you!
Old 06-06-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Hey! Me again lol. Got my parts today and installed new micro switches. After installing I also found key switch was bad. So to continue my diagnosis of why it doesn’t move I bypassed it’s. I tested the solenoid and motor etc. last step was to bypass the OBC. Well I bypassed it and low and behold it moves in F & R. So next question is. Do I need the OBC to run this this around? Will be used at a campground or around my block? I haven’t done a ton of research on it yet just wanted to get the ball rolling.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbounds View Post
Hey! Me again lol. Got my parts today and installed new micro switches. After installing I also found key switch was bad. So to continue my diagnosis of why it doesn’t move I bypassed it’s. I tested the solenoid and motor etc. last step was to bypass the OBC. Well I bypassed it and low and behold it moves in F & R. So next question is. Do I need the OBC to run this this around? Will be used at a campground or around my block? I haven’t done a ton of research on it yet just wanted to get the ball rolling.
Glad you got it running.

No you do not need the OBC. It is only needed for the factory charger. But the factory charger will no longer work. You now need a regular "smart charger" to charge the batteries.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car