lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
jake238
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1999 EZGO Jacobson Workhorse

Just bought a 1999 Ezgo Jacobson Workhorse 1110 Hauler. I would like to install a lift kit & larger tires. Does this cart require anything different than a stock EZGO gas? Also I will need to replace the front seat & backrest any suggestions on where to find a used set? Thanks Jake
jake238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 1999 EZGO Jacobson Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake238 View Post
Just bought a 1999 Ezgo Jacobson Workhorse 1110 Hauler. I would like to install a lift kit & larger tires. Does this cart require anything different than a stock EZGO gas? Also I will need to replace the front seat & backrest any suggestions on where to find a used set? Thanks Jake
These are the same as the Ezgo workhorse carts so if you buying a bolt on kits you need to get it for a 99 1200g workhorse. I did come across a 1110 that someone had put the whole engine/frame/rear out of a txt in, if you have something like that then a regular txt gas kit will work.
The first 3 pics in this thread show a 1110 rear end after I lifted it, the lift in the front of that cart is a ST350 drop axle I ordered from ezgo
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...provement.html
Don't know any place you can get used seats but you can order whatever you need to fix yours from ezgo.
This is my 1110
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
jake238
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Jon, I plan to start the resto tonight. I am sure I will have many more questions. Thanks for the info... Jake
Old 01-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

Jake, welcome! don't forget to post some pictures of your work. I have a workhorse project in the works right now, in fact I'm getting ready to paint the frame as soon as I'm done typing this. I ordered the 18hp Vanguard kit from Tom at CPP and can't wait to get it all back together. Look forward to pictures!!! Here is a link to my build! httphttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...rse-build.html
bigred-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
jake238
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What would be the best bolt on lift kit for this cart? Where can it be purchased? Thanks Jake
Old 01-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake238 View Post
What would be the best bolt on lift kit for this cart? Where can it be purchased? Thanks Jake
Is your real name Jake? Jake is also insiders term for Jacobsen and thats not all.... Jake is a company that makes lift kits
anyway as far as drop axle bolt on lift kits goes, Jake's 5" drop axle is the one I would pick. The reason is how they lift the rear of the cart, unlike most others the Jake kits don't have foot long spring shackles Which is stupid as hell IMO. Now if you have money flowing out your butt you may want to consider a long travel kit, anyway you can find out more about the Jake lift kits by going to their web site.
I don't know if tungpo1 (a member here) (East Coast Custom Carts, I think) sells these kits but its worth asking.
I get all my parts from ezgo so i'm kinda out of the loop when it comes to the best places to buy from.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
jake238
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Not my real name just a nickname
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO