lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #91
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Workhorse Front Lift Question?

Quote:
I wish mine was as straight forward as that.
Your problem is your stuff is all upside down. At least it looks that way to me.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #92
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

You're gonna rip that crap off and put a cool lift on it anyway..you watch reinman..

It just goes with the territory.. I bought my old 98 with the blown motor in the
two boxes for a hobby to play with in my shop on the time off days..

Now, I check my cart in the morning, and run the dog with it, then work it all day if it's my day off.. then put it to bed at night..
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #93
reinman88
Gone Wild

Quote:
You're gonna rip that crap off and put a cool lift on it anyway..you watch reinman..

That's highly possible. I'll hold off on judgement until I get some 22" tires. Right now I'm thinking 2 more inches will be as high as I want to go.

I'm already going to have to lift a deer 4 inches higher to get it in the back. As we get older that job seems to get tougher, and for some reason it always works out that I'm there to help my son in law load his deer, but he isn't around when it's time to load mine.

Quote:
Now, I check my cart in the morning, and run the dog with it, then work it all day if it's my day off.. then put it to bed at night..
My toughest time was from the end of last week till yesterday. I had the cart torn down, and I had to wait to get my shock extenders. Four or five days and I couldn't take the cart out of the barn.

I was going through golf cart withdrawls.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #94
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Getting my lift sorted I was not going to let it beat me and I didn't want to spend money on spindle extensions.

So I got some 20mm solid spacers made at my local machine shop, and put them under the front springs rear mounts, at $25 a pair I now have plenty of clearance.

I will post some photos tomorrow in case it helps out anyone else, now just waiting on my shock extensions from the good old USA (we don't seem to have any in Australia I think they are banned for safety issues)

Anyway thanks for all your help guys I am starting to see my cart take shape again.

Aussie
Aussie Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #95
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi Guy's these are the photos of the lift I completed today

Just waiting on some shock extensions and I can start on the body and paint.

Aussie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06565.jpg (90.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06563.jpg (97.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06564.jpg (98.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06566.jpg (103.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #96
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nice work on the body lift
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #97
reinman88
Gone Wild

So the spacers on the back of the springs lowered everything enough so the spring would miss the tierod. Looks like a nice easy solution to your problem.

My only problem has been with my tires. I got a good deal on some 22-11-10 tires with 10 inch offset rims. They don't hit my front cowling, but if I turn real sharp to the left the tire hits the brake arm where it sticks through the floor. Looks like I might need spacers.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #98
Aussie Workhorse
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty, I am pretty happy with the end result

reinman88 not sure if these spacers will work for your problem but bfore I got the spacers made I just blocked up the springs with some flat pieces of steel to see it would work then got the spacers made.

Aussie
Old 03-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #99
reinman88
Gone Wild

My problem is a fat and or flat tire. The 11 wide on the tire is the problem, so I'll probably need wheel spacers to get them farther out.

I did have to do some trimming on my back fenders since the 22 inch tires wanted to hit front and back. I was worried about the top, and it turned out front and back were the problem. But a cutoff wheel on a dremel tool took care of the problem. Now I need fender flares for the front.

I have a couple of big mudflaps that I was going to use on an old dually pickup I once had. They aren't real thick or heavy, just nice sized. I'm thinking of cutting them down a bit and using them on the back. Might be able to hang them from a support under the box. Haven't looked that far yet.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #100
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I saw some rear flairs on a JD Gator the other day that mount to the bottom of the bed and come up past the edges. Nice look and would probably work on a WH. All I have to do now is win the lotto to be able to pay for them..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO