lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
jws84_02
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 disc brake conversion

Just as the title says.

Is there a kit out there that can convert the drum brakes to disc. If not can anyone who has done this give me some insight.

Also where is the best place for parts. I have a parts manual but it seems every online site I go to doesn't have a part number search feature. I don't have enough patience to browse entire sites. My next route is just to go to a dealer and give them my parts list.
jws84_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 disc brake conversion

There are a couple of different kits out there.
One is Ausco cable disc brakes. I don't think they fit your cart but call around and see if you can get a stronger opinion than that
The other is Wheelsca Hydraulic disc brakes. They are also made for the 1994 & up TXT .. but I see very little difference between the two differentials.... afterall they take the same drum..... what do you mean the book says different hubs??? They can and do take the same hub. Give it a try and let us know how it pans out....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #3
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 disc brake conversion

jws in this hobby the mine key factor is patiance. and if you want it fast and right just make your list and call Scotty b that would be your best bet. who would Scotty B be that was the gentelman who answered you if he says it fits it fits good luck on your project
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO