lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
Zcook11
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Stereo hook up

Ok that's what I thought. I removed the floor mat the other day and cleaned it good and saw that channel there. I have been looking at batteries and chargers online and you can get a decent setup like that for what your gonna pay for a good voltage reducer. What kind of battery did you use. Like a 12v marine battery or another type. To me that would be easier to just run it through the battery well into the channel to he dash from that extra battery than to screw with that voltage reducer anyway. How did you mount the battery in there to keep it from flipping over? Do they sell a mount for that also?? Also what specs do I need to look for on the battery as far as amp output goes. I kow all I need is 10 amps 12 volts to run the radio. Thanks again.
Zcook11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

You don't need to worry too much about the amps. I kept it simple and got the wally world special. I went in and got a 12v marine battery and one of those plastic boxes to put it in. I happened to have some rubber frame savers that went on the harley I no longer have, so I screwed 2 of them to each side of the bottom of the plastic box. This adds some shock resistance (probably not necessary) but also allows the box to sit above the ridges at the bottom of the bagwell. You could probably fasten 2 blocks of wood to do the same thing. I have 2 supports for my back seat that fasten to the floor of the bagwell. I removed one to get the battery in and put it all back together. Then used a good old bungy cord to hold the battery box against those supports. As for the wires, I just ran them through the little access panel between the bagwell and the battery bay. I can't remember exactly what I connected the + and - wires to. I could probably look and figure it out. But my cart is down at a campground for the rest of the month. I'll be going down there this weekend.

This is about the only pic I have of my battery setup:

SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
hanny
Getting Wild

hergoodes one on ebay i got http://www.ebay.com/itm/200735047509...84.m1439.l2649 , seems to work good. You can run it to the fused 12v blue wire coming off your batteries for a couple weeks no problem but long term a bad idea. it will kil that battery and run it weak where the entire cart will under perform. good luck.

I have 2 6.5" speakers, 2 4" speakers in the coat rack. an over head console with the 6.5", cd stereo player and an xm mudule. also have a kicker 12" woofer under the seat with a 300 wat amp. Pretty good settup. good luck, paul
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car