lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Jay88118
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Electric EZ Go Wont Go

Hello all, first time posting and I hope you can help me out. I have an electric EZ Go Golf Cart. Serial Number 1390021. Always ran with few problems. Driving through my woods the other night, and I ran over a stick that pulled the blue and green wires that run from the ignition and the voltage/charged meter down under the golf cart, and into the forward/reverse mechanism. It broke these wires in two. I replaced the wires from end to end, and the cart still will not go. The voltage meter/charged meter does not light up to tell the charge, and the solenoid does not click. I took a voltage meter and the batterys are charged, the blue wire from the forward terminal has voltage, so I am not sure what the problem is. The ignition switch does have 4 prongs, one white wire on one, black wire on one, and the blue wire goes on one, but it pulled off. I have tested it on both, and still no juice to the cart. The cart in the past would quit, you let it set for an hour, and it would then run. The solenoid would still click, but the tech couldnt find anything wrong with it, partly because we couldnt get it to do it. I believe this is a different problem. Any help would be great. Thanks Jay
Jay88118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Electric EZ Go Wont Go

Welcome to BGW

We need the manufacturer "code", the serial is just a production number. Have you checked to see if your getting voltage to the small terminals on the solenoid?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Jay88118...............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
Jay88118
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the responses. I believe the manufacturer code is 6101. Thanks, Jay.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Jay88118
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello All,

I checked and there is no voltage to the small terminals on the solenoid. There is voltage to both large terminals, and it will click when I jump from the large to the small red terminal.

Thanks
Jay
Old 08-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #6
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I'm no expert, but if there is no voltage to solenoid small terminals there should not be voltage to the output of large terminal. The small terminals activate the larger terminals. If you are getting voltage thru both large terminals then solenoid must be stuck in the engaged position. One of your solenoid small wires should go to switch and other to a ground to battery or controller.
Did you check all of your micro switches? If you pulled wires around FNR switch you could have pulled micro wiring. Also check under floor switch.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yes, you should have voltage to the small terminals as Mike said.

Basically micro closes...sends power to one of the small terminal on the solenoid....solenoid engages and provides B+ to controller....but in your case it sounds like yours is stuck. Get a diagram and make sure all your wiring is correct.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #8
Jay88118
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies. Since there is no power to the small wires on the solenoid, I thought it may be stuck due to power at both sides. I am not sure where the micro switches are though. There has to be something else wrong though, as if I jump the solenoid from the power to the small wires, it will click as normal. Would something have to be burned back after the solenoid and it is feeding through? The only wires crossed or incorrect would be the one to the switch and the other one to the battery meter, but those were not crossed, as they were still color coded. I didnt find any other loose wires, but I also didnt go over the pedal very well.

Thanks
Jay
Old 08-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

If your not getting power to the solenoid through the small terminals chances are you are not getting a "Power on" signal (+ power) to the controller.

The micros are on the F/R switch and in the pedal box. (if you have a later style controller and not a pot box type controller.) Check the micros and make sure everything is connected and the micros are good.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:14 PM   #10
powermgr
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Electric EZ Go Wont Go

I appreciate all the good information I have found at this site.
Been working on a problem cart for a couple of days. 1999 EZ go F199 serial number 1179151. The cart was not running when we purchased it. have check all the wires for continuity, all are good. We did find the magnet switch on the charger was stuck so i jumped it. At least now the solenoid clicks but on in forward not reverse. Have replaced the microswitch on reverse but still no click.
Any suggestions.
Thanks
Powermgr
powermgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO