lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #121
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

I am well aware that there is no OFFICIAL neutral selection available on that cart. What I am saying is that on MY cart I could effectively stick the gear selector between F n R and it would run, but, because the cable controlling the rear end was "stuck" between gears, the driven clutch was not actually engaging either way. I have no idea why electrically speaking it was able to do that other than someone must have dinked around with the circuitry prior to me obtaining the cart. My 97 will do the same thing...... If I pause between F n R it willl crank up and run as if its in neutral. It may not be supposed to do that either, but as soon as I get the engine back together and dropped into the cart, I'll be glad to post a video proving it.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #122
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
I am well aware that there is no OFFICIAL neutral selection available on that cart. What I am saying is that on MY cart I could effectively stick the gear selector between F n R and it would run, but, because the cable controlling the rear end was "stuck" between gears, the driven clutch was not actually engaging either way. I have no idea why electrically speaking it was able to do that other than someone must have dinked around with the circuitry prior to me obtaining the cart. My 97 will do the same thing...... If I pause between F n R it willl crank up and run as if its in neutral. It may not be supposed to do that either, but as soon as I get the engine back together and dropped into the cart, I'll be glad to post a video proving it.
On an 89, there is no cable going to the rearend to control gears. The rearend is always in gear. No way to disengage it. The selector handle only changes the flow of electricity to the starter generator to change the direction of the motor.
It would need a newer rearend to do that.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #123
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Then I have no idea what was going on with that old cart.......It was something my Grandfather had piece mealed together and eventually passed it on to me... I didn't keep it to long since it was a pain in the rear.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #124
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

89....I saw in another thread that you are running a v twin that's supercharged..... got any pics? Sounds like a beast!
Old 09-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #125
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Then I have no idea what was going on with that old cart.......It was something my Grandfather had piece mealed together and eventually passed it on to me... I didn't keep it to long since it was a pain in the rear.
A 3pg EZGO cart is one of the best carts ever built IMO. Second only to a Yamaha G1.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #126
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
89....I saw in another thread that you are running a v twin that's supercharged..... got any pics? Sounds like a beast!
Here's a link to the build...
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...r-install.html
Old 09-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #127
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
A 3pg EZGO cart is one of the best carts ever built IMO. Second only to a Yamaha G1.
Hands down.... a 2 stroke will beat a 4.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #128
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

WOW! that is bad azz!!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #129
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

awesome build 89. now I know why someone laughed a while back when you said you had a cart with "some slight modifications" we have similar occupations I see as well. anyway got the clutches back together tonight and went for a ride.. vibration was there but didn't seam as bad. I pulled belt off and flipped it still felt it but cart was a lot slower and was pretty herky jerky.. Jacked up rear end and ran cart again in the air. its hard to tell but it seams as if there is an odd noise in the rear. (hard to tell with all the engine noise). Running down the road with rear cover off it seamed as if there was excessive noise coming from the rear as well. (wish I had more experience with "normal" 2stroke golf carts to tell the difference). Had to pull the alternator off my sons car so had to stop "dads project" and have not tried to swap tires or your other suggestions yet. thinking of pulling diff cover off when I next work on it.. or is that the right thing to do at this point ?
rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #130
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Try the other things I listed first.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO