lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2021, 09:05 PM   #81
stevet61
Getting Wild

Default Re: Programming Software Download Here

Changed my line 28 max speed to 8000, then in "Tune" changed to 7900 on line 45, test drive, got up to 40 on a straight stretch of road, felt very stable, I'm running an I40, stock Wanda tires inflated to 29 psi. Disappointed in power usage with this set up, even when doing less than 30 mph my Trogans are draining faster than ever before. Dropper 18% in 5.2 miles. I know faster will use more battery but come on....that's a lot.
stevet61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2021, 09:38 PM   #82
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevet61 View Post
Changed my line 28 max speed to 8000, then in "Tune" changed to 7900 on line 45, test drive, got up to 40 on a straight stretch of road, felt very stable, I'm running an I40, stock Wanda tires inflated to 29 psi. Disappointed in power usage with this set up, even when doing less than 30 mph my Trogans are draining faster than ever before. Dropper 18% in 5.2 miles. I know faster will use more battery but come on....that's a lot.
That doesn't make any sense to me. The major drain on the batteries is when you're going up hill or carrying a heavy load...not speed.

Just think when you ride a bicycle at high speeds on a flat surface. It doesn't take much energy to coast and barely much more to accelerate. But when you go up a hill, you start sweating and huffing/puffing...or if you're towing a baby carriage behind you. It truly is no different.

Make sure your batteries are truly fully charged and the water level is good.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #83
TAG Prez
Not Yet Wild

Can anyone post a current link to the software, or PM me with one. I've been struggling to get someone to tune my cart so I finally ordered the cables and now I cannot seem to get any of these downloads to work.
TAG Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:32 AM   #84
3doghouse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
That doesn't make any sense to me. The major drain on the batteries is when you're going up hill or carrying a heavy load...not speed.
Maintaing 30MPH takes way more power than 20MPH.

For ballpark calcs, see http://www.apexgarage.com/tech/horsepower_calc.shtml

I used.9 Cd, 16 sqft, and 638 lbs (https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=107285).

20MPH = 1.1HP
30MPH = 3.1HP
40MPH = 6.8HP
3doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #85
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3doghouse View Post
Maintaing 30MPH takes way more power than 20MPH.

For ballpark calcs, see http://www.apexgarage.com/tech/horsepower_calc.shtml

I used.9 Cd, 16 sqft, and 638 lbs (https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=107285).

20MPH = 1.1HP
30MPH = 3.1HP
40MPH = 6.8HP
Recalling my old high school/college physics, isn't that just the force needed to move the 639lb cart 1 ft/second?

After the cart has reached speed, moving horizontally, it just continues at that speed unless acted upon by an external force (friction, wind, etc).

So to maintain speed, it should be trivial...whether it be 25mph or 35mph.

That's why uphill, heavy load, initial acceleration, etc are the major battery drain events. Frequency of stop/go events would be a big drain even too...hadn't thought of that, but it is also irrelevant because turning up your carts speed shouldn't increase/decrease the frequency of stop/go events in your typical drive.

I think those HP measures are only true if you were moving directly vertical against gravity.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:56 PM   #86
3doghouse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
Recalling my old high school/college physics, isn't that just the force needed to move the 639lb cart 1 ft/second?

After the cart has reached speed, moving horizontally, it just continues at that speed unless acted upon by an external force (friction, wind, etc).

So to maintain speed, it should be trivial...whether it be 25mph or 35mph.

That's why uphill, heavy load, initial acceleration, etc are the major battery drain events. Frequency of stop/go events would be a big drain even too...hadn't thought of that, but it is also irrelevant because turning up your carts speed shouldn't increase/decrease the frequency of stop/go events in your typical drive.

I think those HP measures are only true if you were moving directly vertical against gravity.
No, the main point of the calculation is wind resistance at a steady/constant speed.

The coefficient of drag and frontal area are the major factors.

The weight is really only relevant for rolling resistance, which is a relatively small part of the equation...

For example, the 639 pound cart takes 1.1 HP to go 20 MPH. Doubling the weight (1,278 pounds at 20 mph) takes only 1.4 HP, but doubling the speed (639 pounds at 40 mph) takes 6.8 HP.
3doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #87
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3doghouse View Post
No, the main point of the calculation is wind resistance at a steady/constant speed.

The coefficient of drag and frontal area are the major factors.

The weight is really only relevant for rolling resistance, which is a relatively small part of the equation...

For example, the 639 pound cart takes 1.1 HP to go 20 MPH. Doubling the weight (1,278 pounds at 20 mph) takes only 1.4 HP, but doubling the speed (639 pounds at 40 mph) takes 6.8 HP.
Makes sense, esp since it's a stead-state equation. The question is whether or not that extra HP is a significant amount or not in the scheme of things?

I kind of think it's a nonstarter to discuss 25mph, simply because everybody wants to go faster than that.

An empirical method, instead of theoretical, would just be to set our carts to 28mph, turn on the monitor software, then drive a bunch of straight, known-distance routes at full speed and measure the usage, then repeat at 33mph (or whatever your max is) and just compare.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:41 PM   #88
leezy225
Not Yet Wild

Where can I get the software? None of the links posted seem to work anymore.
leezy225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:24 PM   #89
larryc813
Not Yet Wild

Anyone have a working link to download the software?
larryc813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:44 PM   #90
ericshufro
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconBuddy View Post
Get it while you can. I'm a new member so it won't let me post links. Fix it yourself below.

http
+
://
+
s000.tinyupload.
+
com/index.php?file_id=00206762863092257317
Can you please re-upload. thanks.
ericshufro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon