lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Default Remove Transaxle??? How?

Hi all, I'm interested in removing the transaxle in my 2001 CC Pioneer so I can rebuild it and finally have reverse gear. I keep reading bits and pieces about removing the transaxle without having to remove the axles (it even says it in the CC service manual), but I'm not sure how to do it. Are there any step-by-step instructions or videos to reference? I can't seem to find anything on BGW or Youtube or anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm just trying to avoid having to disassemble the entire rear end to get it out.
Aggiesdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #2
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Remove Transaxle??? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesdm View Post
Any help would be appreciated. I'm just trying to avoid having to disassemble the entire rear end to get it out.
Have you climbed under there and given it a look? Its really not much to it. If your mechanical enough to try it I'm sure you will quickly see its not much to it. Unbolt shocks, disconnect throttle cables, unbolt shifter cable, disconnect brakes, remove belt, unbolt from leaves, then the 6 bolts that hold it to the engine cradle and that should be about it (going off the top of my head). Support the engine cradle too. Are you positive the gear is broke? I thought i had the same problem turned out my bracket for the F/R cable bolted on the S/G was bent and out of adjustment.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #3
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McGuire View Post
Have you climbed under there and given it a look? Its really not much to it. If your mechanical enough to try it I'm sure you will quickly see its not much to it. Unbolt shocks, disconnect throttle cables, unbolt shifter cable, disconnect brakes, remove belt, unbolt from leaves, then the 6 bolts that hold it to the engine cradle and that should be about it (going off the top of my head). Support the engine cradle too. Are you positive the gear is broke? I thought i had the same problem turned out my bracket for the F/R cable bolted on the S/G was bent and out of adjustment.
Hi Jeff, thanks for the advice. I dove in this afternoon and got it all taken out of the cart. Not much too it. I was hoping there was a way to remove the transaxle without removing the whole axle assemblies, but that really doesn't make logical sense, so I just unbolted everything and pulled it out the rear.

The motor and motor mount plate were already out as I just finished rebuilding the motor.

I'm sure its an internal problem. I tried disconnecting the shifter cable and shifting it manually to no avail. I'm pretty sure its the synchronizing rings from what I've read and seen thus far. I'd like to rebuild it myself, but without a press, I'm not sure I have the tools to do it. I have a vice, but no press...so I may just decide to send it to Brad in Canada and let him do it right for me??
Old 09-12-2022, 09:22 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Check the shift fork carefully for wear. There’s a raised “foot” on both sides of it and the ones I’ve taken apart the shift fork was worn.

See post #15 for pics

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...mission&page=2
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:21 PM   #5
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Check the shift fork carefully for wear. There’s a raised “foot” on both sides of it and the ones I’ve taken apart the shift fork was worn.

See post #15 for pics

Oh wow. I see what you mean. I’ll keep an eye out for that wearing too.

Did you have to use a press to rebuild it or could I get by without one?
Old 09-12-2022, 10:31 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I have a press but didn’t need it. I just replaced the shift fork. All the gears and synchros were good.

There really isn’t much going on inside these units. Whatever is worn should be pretty obvious.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 08:16 AM   #7
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

When i had my motor out I went through my rear end in hopes of figuring out my reverse problem. If I recall correctly, I did some and thrush washers and just checked the synchro and shift arm for wear. It was really simple to figure out though.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 02:21 PM   #8
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McGuire View Post
When i had my motor out I went through my rear end in hopes of figuring out my reverse problem. If I recall correctly, I did some and thrush washers and just checked the synchro and shift arm for wear. It was really simple to figure out though.
Great to know. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but never had to work on any sort of transmission at all, so this will be a first.

I'm gonna crack it open see what I find! Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:21 PM   #9
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:
I have a press but didn’t need it. I just replaced the shift fork. All the gears and synchros were good.

There really isn’t much going on inside these units. Whatever is worn should be pretty obvious.
That's good news. I'm gonna crack it open this evening and see what kinda trouble I can get into!!
Old 09-18-2022, 10:29 AM   #10
Aggiesdm
Getting Wild

Quote:

See post #15 for pics

Thanks for the advice, but got it all taken apart and the shift fork is fine. Turns out that the bearing on the far end of the input shaft is completely shot and rattling around. All the synchro gears and washers appear to be in good shape, so gonna replace the washer and hope for the best!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car