lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2022, 11:16 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 rear axle shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwiega View Post
To be sure, G2 through G9 differentials are pretty much going to require the same work to use on a G1, correct?

In other words, a G8, G5, or G3 differential shouldn't produce any challenges I wouldn't experience with installing the G2 or G9?
To my knowledge, the G2 and G9 are the same, and with minimal modifications will work in a G1, I've done it.

As far as the others, not sure, never used any of those. I think the G3 is a 2 stroke cart just like the G1. G8 is an oddball, I think it's different than the G2/G9. G5? Never heard of it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2022, 10:48 AM   #12
jpwiega
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Got it, thanks. I'll stay with what's known then (G2/G9). FWIW, I found the record of the G5 here.
jpwiega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 12:28 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Oh the G5 and G3 are essentially the same cart, both with the G1 2 stroke engine and drivetrain. Definitely not the one you want. G2/G9 will almost bolt right up with minimal fabrication.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:17 PM   #14
jpwiega
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Perfect, thanks for the background slo. Just of interest, what's unique about the G8 diff from the G2/G9?
Old 09-27-2022, 08:59 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I've never owned or worked on a G8, but I think it's more like the G16, which has a totally different transaxle from the G2/G9. If it's like the G16, you won't be able to swap that in without major surgery.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:47 PM   #16
jpwiega
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Got it, thanks slo
Old 10-06-2022, 01:21 PM   #17
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Oh the G5 and G3 are essentially the same cart, both with the G1 2 stroke engine and drivetrain. Definitely not the one you want. G2/G9 will almost bolt right up with minimal fabrication.
The G3 is based on the G1 2 stroke engine and drive train while the G5 is a 4 stroke and based on the G2? 4 stroke engine and transaxle

either way pretty rare carts that hold their value that you would want to part out
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:21 PM   #18
jpwiega
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Got you, thanks Mike. So sounds like the G2/G9 and G5 transaxles would be largely interchangeable?
Old 10-08-2022, 11:10 PM   #19
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
The G3 is based on the G1 2 stroke engine and drive train while the G5 is a 4 stroke and based on the G2? 4 stroke engine and transaxle

either way pretty rare carts that hold their value that you would want to part out
Yeah never seen a G5. Mike knows his stuff! Listen to him
Old 10-17-2022, 03:19 PM   #20
jpwiega
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Found someone local with a G14 transaxle. Any background out there on whether that would fit the G1 without more surgery than the G2/G9 swaps?

I'd love to get forward/reverse with my big block G1, but if I need to hold out for a G2/G9 rear end, I will. Many thanks for any insight on the G14 trans.

Tags
axle, hub, yamaha g1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha