lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default replacement carburetor fe290

Picked up a nearly complete 1992 DS, so it has CCW FE290.

Its been sitting in a barn, when it was parked the motor turned over and it had spark but they couldn't get fuel to it so they gave up. Previous owner pulled the carb and it has been lost since. Seems like everything else is there from what I can tell.

I know I have read in this forum, and elsewhere that the $20 chinese carbs aren't worth a crap. I've heard multiple reasons including improper jetting, poor quality, etc. I am not heavily invested in this cart money wise which is why I am tempted to try a cheap carb for the time being.

I haven't looked in a year or two but last I checked the OEM carbs were close to $200?? I think. Anybody had luck with a cheaper replacement or know about what size jets the chinese carb actually needs and where they can be bought? It really seems to be a 50/50 split of people saying they suck and people who have had no issues.

(I have another CCW 290 that i plan on pulling the carb off of so that I can test this motor once I get it cleaned up. Needs a lot of washing and I have to make sure all the cables and wiring even make sense first)
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: replacement carburetor fe290

If you’re looking cheap, go amazon. Last time I needed a carb for one I did use a cheapie on Amazon. I got a cart from an auction and it had 2 carbs. A brand spanking new OEM one, but it flooded like crazy because it had a factory defect… piece of plastic flashing from when they molded the seat for the float needle was stuck in there and couldn’t be removed. I destroyed it trying. And the old one was beyond saving, the pickup tube for the jet literally crumbled when I tried to take it apart to clean it. So I got one from amazon… I had to return 3 of them to finally get one that worked but once I got one that worked it ran fine.

Benefit of Amazon is they are easy for returns.

Alternatively get ahold of David hicks at revolution. If I recall he has some on his website for around 50 bucks. Can ask him what brand they are, I’m guessing red hawk but that’s totally a guess. But knowing him, if they sucked he wouldn’t sell them. He’s a pretty straightforward guy
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:46 AM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Is there a difference between CCW engine and CW engine carbs? thinking I might be able to find someone selling parts but figured CW are going to be more common
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:49 PM   #4
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
Is there a difference between CCW engine and CW engine carbs? thinking I might be able to find someone selling parts but figured CW are going to be more common
Either will fit and work

Sent from my LGL423DL using Tapatalk
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car