lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Solenoid?

First off thanks to everyone that has helped me thus far. I have a what I believe to be a 90 CC 36volt and it will not run. I have found that if I combine the 2 big terminal white wires on the solenoid to the side facing the v-glide the tires move in F/R. Im assuming that it is normal for them to want to move on their own when in F or R this way. If it is hooked up normally with one on each side it will NOT work. Does this mean that my solenoid is bad or something else. I checked my batteries last night and they all read 6.45-6.48 on a full charge. Thanks to all for the help.
lubben810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Solenoid?

It sounds like the main selonoid is bad. You are talking about the one farthest to the driver side right? This one is the main selonoid and yes the cart want run if it doesn't energize. Check the micro switch inside the v-glide also it maybe why it's not working.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, it only has one solenoid unlike the older that have like 5. Im going to try to score one off e-bay for cheap. Do you think if the micro switch in the v-glide was bad it would still move the tires? The v-glide is almost brand new, but I gues the solenoid looks just as new so I guess looks can be decieving. MS are only like 5-6 on ebay so do you think its worth putting one in? Thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Andy,can't he he jumper the solenoid to determine if it is not engaging? If it runs, then check micro switch in the V-glide to see if it is energising the solenoid.??
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
killsumptin
Getting Wild

Jack the rear of the cart up. Put it into fwd. or rev. Depress the pedal. Measure current on the two small terminals on the solenoid. If you have 36v then check the two large terminals for continuity. If you have no continuity, the solenoid is bad.
Then use a large awg wire to jump the two large terminals on the solenoid.

This will basically bypass the solenoid. It will tell you if the solenoid is the problem. If this does not spin the motor then check your switches, something else isn't letting current get to the solenoid.
killsumptin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

True.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Yes he can and he stated he has already done this. That's why I said check the micro it may be bad.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

I have narrowed it down to the solenoid or the microswitch. I have a new microswitch coming in the mail off ebay. My buddy has a solenoid he said I could have but it says 12v on it and hes says it is for a gas. I was wondering if a 12v solenoid will work in the cart. The one in it(hopfully the bad one) says 36v. Anyone with some info would help and thanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
killsumptin
Getting Wild

Here's a good deal on the correct solenoid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI
killsumptin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
lubben810
Not Yet Wild

Cool, but does that mean that my friends wont work?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car