lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #21
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Default Re: New here and wanted to say hi.

Thanks Yurtle,

Can I just clean these parts? What do I look for? Loose wires, corrosion?
dankfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'd start with contact cleaner, then plug/unplug/replug until clean. I tried closing the female ends on mine, but still have to unplug/replug a few times a year. One day, I'll eliminate the plug and solder the wires together. Just isn't high on my to-do list.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #23
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Yurtle, Do you have any pics?

Do you get the contact cleaner from auto parts store?

Thank you
Old 08-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #24
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Looks like I can get the cleaner pretty much anywhere.

How about pics though?
Old 08-18-2015, 12:09 PM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't have any.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #26
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Yurtle,

So are the connections you are talking about under the seat where the controller is? or under the gas pedal?
Old 08-18-2015, 02:03 PM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The four wire cable coming out of the Pedal box connects to the cart's wiring harness with an in-line MOLEX connector. It is located in front of the batteries where the cable from the pedal box comes through the frame.

Don't have a picture, but here is a page from a parts manual that shows it. (Circled in Red)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In-Line connector.jpg (79.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:48 PM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Follow the cable from the throttle box to the wiring harness. Mine - series - is located between the controller and the FNR.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #29
dankfoot
Getting Wild

Update:

I got my back seat put on. I'm pretty happy with it. I went with the diamond plate flip down from e-bay. It could be a little more stout.

I also got the speed chip put on. Went from 12 mph to 18 mph.

How can I get more speed? I think if I add new tires I will pick up a couple mph?

What about after the tires? Cables, controller? Any thing kind of budget friendly?
Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankfoot View Post
Update:

I got my back seat put on. I'm pretty happy with it. I went with the diamond plate flip down from e-bay. It could be a little more stout.

I also got the speed chip put on. Went from 12 mph to 18 mph.

How can I get more speed? I think if I add new tires I will pick up a couple mph?

What about after the tires? Cables, controller? Any thing kind of budget friendly?
A golf cart is designed to carry two golfers and their clubs over groomed trails in 300 yard increments at a modest speed. If you want it to do much more than that, the drive system needs to be upgraded.

By adding a rear seat, you have already increased the demands on the drive system, but not excessively, so the stock drive system will probably handle it.

Adding taller tire will increase speed, unless you install the low pressure type, which may decrease speed, but the speed increase is at the expense of torque. Basically a taller tire travels further for each revolution, but take more torque to turn, so the cart goes faster, but has less acceleration and slows more going up hills.

You can install tires up to about 20" tall without lifting the carts body off the axles for clearance, which raises the cart's center of gravity and lessen lateral stability, making it easier to roll over while turning.

The stock PDS controller limits the motor to about 4,300 RPM in the freedom mode, which is about 18.5 MPH with 18" tires and about 20.6 MPH with 20" tires. The torque loss with 20" tires is 10%.

Replace the PDS controller with an Alltrax XCT controller and the speed on 18" tires goes to 24 MPH and on 20" tire it goes to about 26.5 MPH.

Increasing pack voltage, increases both speed and torque. At 42V with an XCT controller with 18" tires, the speed is about 28 MPH and the torque is increased by 16.7%.

The bottom line is: Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

BTW: One of the first things you need to do with a 10 year old cart is replace the high current cables. All 10 of them with 4Ga or thicker cables.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO