lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
stevenjf88
Not Yet Wild

Default stock rims on a lifted cart

Just started building the lift for my 2002 ezgo 36v. I started with the front axle. Dropped them 4 " and adding width. Im trying to do this super cheap so i was planning on purchasing used tires for my stock wheels.
Anyone here running a lift with stock rims? Im curious if the offset causes a problem.
For those running a 6" lift, how much wider is the aftermarket axle?
stevenjf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
Tbirddipp
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: stock rims on a lifted cart

You will have to do one of two things. You will either have to by wheel spacers for all of the wheels (they are not cheap) or you can do what I did and buy off set rims. (allot cheaper) I paid $20 a rim for mine. Mine are 8 inch rims but I think you can buy bigger ones. I went with the 8 inch rim because I already had bought the tires used on standard 8 inch rims.
Tbirddipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
stevenjf88
Not Yet Wild

Why are wheel spacers needed? What does the tire hit? I increased front axle width by about 8 inches.
stevenjf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #4
Tbirddipp
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well the front may clear then but you will still need them for the rear unless you increased the width on that also. If you haven't increased the width on the rear it would make the cart look a little funny in my opinion being so wide in the front and narrow in the rear.
Tbirddipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO