lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #1
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Acceleration sometimes slow on 96 txt series drive

I think I have seen this problem somewhere here in the last few weeks but can't find the post . There are so many intermittent issue threads here.

Cart always moves , never not accelerates. Just sometimes it's like the petal is only pushed down halfway. It won't fully accelerate as fast as it should or hit top speed. But all uou have to do is lift up foot and hit it down again. Sometimes It may take a few try but you will get full acceleration. It seems to do this about 50% of the time..that is slow acceleration.

Just point me in the direction of tests or a sticky that I need to do to provide yall the answers or numbers to trouble shoot this intermittent issue.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Acceleration sometimes slow on 96 txt series drive

Any chance there might be water or moisture in the ITS box under the floormat?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #3
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess there could be. Maybe from when I pressure washed the cart? That was a few weeks ago. I did hit the floor board briefly to clean it.

The cart sits under cover so it's not getting rained on or anything
Old 06-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just to follow up on this thread. I went to test the cart tonight and it was really bad. Really slow and almost could not get it to go full speed so I pulled up the floor mat. Checked out the micro switch. The conectors in the box were corroded and one of the wires on the switch pulled out of the connector when I tried to pull it off. Looked at what was left of the wire and it looked really corroded. Anyway I cut the end of the plastic connector off the wire and put a new spade connector on. I put it all back togeather and it worked perfectly again.

Thought I would come back to this thread with the solution since I hate threads that you never hear back on. Plus it serves as a library for those searching in the future.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:42 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

great news.......
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO