lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Joe T.
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Freedom RXV intermittent power problems

I need some help.

My precious Mother-In-Law (MIL) has an EZGO Freedom RXV golf cart that is having problems. I think it is a 2009 model (Date code JO209).

She is rather rough on it. Only two speeds: Stop, and WFO!!! Don't get in her way!!!!

Did I mention she turned 90 last June?

She has had new batteries and some other service work done on it. But, now it has an intermittent problem. The battery shows full charge. In 'Forward' key position, it runs great for maybe 1/4 mile. Then, it stops! Hard brake (it has regenerative braking??), turn key to off then back to forward. It will limp and then begin to run properly - for a while.

This thing is new to me. I am trying to help her take care of it.

Any suggestions?

Joe T.
Joe T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Freedom RXV intermittent power problems

Not much known here about RXV. They are too few and far apart in the private sector and they are AC drive....
At 90 yrs life is too short for this BS, be a good SIL and trade it in on TXT48 for her.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not much known here about RXV. They are too few and far apart in the private sector and they are AC drive....
At 90 yrs life is too short for this BS, be a good SIL and trade it in on TXT48 for her.
I actually chose the RXV because my daily driver EV is AC drive. I work with Curtis controllers in the EV and NEV markets, so I'm very comfortable working with AC drive. That being said...

I tend to agree with Scotty. The RXV, while a great design for what it was intended, it is far too complex for the average tinkerer to repair or modify. A DC motored cart is so much simpler. If you had the Curtis controller I might could help, but the RXVs up to early 2012 had the Danaher controller and I know very little about those controller internals. Maybe someone else here can help you.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:49 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I would start with a battery discharge test, or load test. All rxv are very picky about battery condition. Also, they shut down or do "limp-home" whenever they detect battery condition around 20%.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intermittent, power, stopping
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO