lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #1
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Mexican batteries

Being in Baja my batteries finally failed. We have two solar shops here. One sells trojans and the other sells Crowns. The Crown guy says the Trojan batteries are not as good as they used to be. Something about a change in batt. construction to save money. I always liked Trojans and got good life in cart and off-grid. They have LTH batteries here. Mexican made and have agood rep. for solar app. I can get LTH for 90 dollars Trojans here are about 200 for T-105 The LTH are 6 volt deep cycle and weigh 67 lbs. Anybody have any experience with these LTH batteries. Help, Down In Baja
leapingbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Mexican batteries

Sounds like the Mex battery is 50% the cost of a Trojan or Crown (both good batteries) if the Mex battery last half as long you break even. If it goes longer you win. Compare weight. When comparing wet cell batteries, lead is king. Buy the heaviest battery you can afford.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Siesta time.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

"buy the heaviest battery you can afford", don't say that too loudly, the Chinese will figure out a way to make batteries full of rocks or other non battery material & sell em dirt cheap.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
"buy the heaviest battery you can afford", don't say that too loudly, the Chinese will figure out a way to make batteries full of rocks or other non battery material & sell em dirt cheap.
Lol - the weight has long been used to judge how many plates and how thick the plates are as a way to judge capacity.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

I agree, just making jokes about the scam USB battery packs the Chiners are selling. 1 real cell & 3 filled with sand. Or 1 cell & a bunch of hardware nuts taped in the box for weight. Lookup YouTube top 10 china counterfeit & scam products for a laugh.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

According to the LTH battery website (Translated): LTH is a brand of Johnson Controls, the largest producer of automotive batteries in the world.

At 67lbs, the LTH battery is 5lbs heavier that the T-105 (6V-225AH) and 1lb heavier then the T-125 (6V-240AH), so it ought to have better range and lifespan than the standard T-105 battery pack, but only time will tell.

If the cart stays in Baja, I'd probably go with LTH.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #8
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Im back after a few years absence. Carts batteries went bad so I disconnected them and went back to Oregon from Baja. This year I put 6 6 volt Crown batteries in. Expecting to go for a ride after I turned on the key and put it in F it just clicked and then clicked again when I pressed the accelerator. Whats going on or not going on. Thanks
Old 01-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #9
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like lot of corrosion possibilities where you are. I’m afraid it’s time to break out a volt/ohm meter and start checking where you have power & where you don’t. The clicking is at least some sign of life.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #10
leapingbuddha
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks you are right .....I am checking now
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO