lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #11
jmauld
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post

While you can find dealers or individuals to provide you with Freedom mode capabilities, I do not recommend it. Freedom mode locks the ability to adjust certain high level parameters that may need to be tweaked to customize performance and braking feel.

Bob
If I do look at a used RXV, should I avoid one that has already been unlocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor View Post
Jmauld,
From what Bob described above it may easier and cheaper to add aftermarket front brakes over adding a full 2Five setup to a RXV.
yeah, those kits are not that expensive.
jmauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauld View Post
If I do look at a used RXV, should I avoid one that has already been unlocked?
YES but you can always buy a new controller. Right now on Ebay you can buy a new one for $325 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-ez...3D172569868336 that is a great price and would give you some insurance if you need one. You can always sale it if you don't need it down the line.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:18 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
YES but you can always buy a new controller. Right now on Ebay you can buy a new one for $325 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-ez...3D172569868336 that is a great price and would give you some insurance if you need one. You can always sale it if you don't need it down the line.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #14
Kb25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I can attest that the 2Five is a great little vehicle. However, my 2013 did have a couple annoying problems. In the end, they were pretty easy to fix once I figured out what was going on. But the troubleshooting process was frustrating!
This forum was very helpful. Hopefully my post below will save someone some aggravation!
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...k-problem.html
Kb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #15
jmauld
Getting Wild

Okay, if I get ahold of a factory rxv with no computer mods (which seems to be difficult here), what's the best programmer and datalogger? I found one on eBay, but it's being sold out of china, so I have reservations about that.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Okay, if I get ahold of a factory rxv with no computer mods (which seems to be difficult here), what's the best programmer and datalogger? I found one on eBay, but it's being sold out of china, so I have reservations about that.
You'll want a later RXV, with the Curtis controller. The programmer costs less and is more available. You may want to read the thread...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html

Yea, those from China can take months to get. I guess it takes a while to smuggle the hard to get parts out of the Curtis factories before one can be assembled.

Read the thread I linked to, it'll enlighten you on how to buy or build an inexpensive alternative.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:38 AM   #17
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You want to get a Curtis 1313-4401 programmer which is a handheld unit if that is what your asking. Bob can tell you about a unit that works with you computer I believe.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:44 AM   #18
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob is that guy you want to listen to on this subject.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #19
jmauld
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
You'll want a later RXV, with the Curtis controller. The programmer costs less and is more available. You may want to read the thread...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html

Yea, those from China can take months to get. I guess it takes a while to smuggle the hard to get parts out of the Curtis factories before one can be assembled.

Read the thread I linked to, it'll enlighten you on how to buy or build an inexpensive alternative.
If I understand correctly, you get more programming and datalogging functionality out of the DIY cable and laptop vs the china hand held unit?

There's a lot of information in that thread. I may try to summarize it as I go through it. But that will take a bit of time to do. Unless there's a reason to not summarize it? Is that thread a form of hazing for newbies?
Old 03-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
If I understand correctly, you get more programming and datalogging functionality out of the DIY cable and laptop vs the china hand held unit?
True. You can do more, if you use the right software and learn how to use it.

Quote:
There's a lot of information in that thread. I may try to summarize it as I go through it. But that will take a bit of time to do. Unless there's a reason to not summarize it? Is that thread a form of hazing for newbies?
Hopefully not hazing. I came into that thread rather late, towards the end. I had a lot to contribute, but at the time I found that thread, I was legally bound by a contract and an NDA with Curtis. So even though I wanted to, I could not help. Well that NDA and contract have expired, so I am no longer prohibited from sharing what I know. My biggest issue now is finding time to get online. I'm retired DOD, but they keep dragging me back in for projects when my expertise is required.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO