lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
toothninja
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Parking brake issue

I changed the rear drum brakes to Ausco disc brakes on my 2003 EzGo PDS txt . Now I have an issue... The parking brake doesn't engage easily. I have to push it down like 5-10 times before it engages. It stays engaged until I release it, but is a pain in the a** trying to get it to sit still... any ideas??
thanks!
toothninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Parking brake issue

I'm guessing you just need to adjust it OR re-ferb it a little. look at the Technician's Service and Repair Manual (if you don't have a technician's service manual you can find here in the STICKIES) on page L-19. that will show you some nice pictures and the adjustment procedure. on the picture you can see the NOTCH on the brake pedal arm that could have worn, mine was and all I needed to do was use a file and re-establish the notch....as well as the catch bracket. of the notch is worn, it may not hold very well....making the notch nice and sharp, it will improve the holding ability. and if there is to much distance between the catch bracket and the brake pedal arm, adjust it. there is a single bolt through the top of it.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
toothninja
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Parking brake issue

Thank you very much! I will be looking into this later today.
toothninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO