lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2017, 09:00 AM   #11
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Just showing her off.

ARKSoft84: see the attched drawings to go with what kernal said about factory lighting. Also one for control wiring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EZGO-TXT Accessory Wiring.pdf (1.87 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf EZGO-TXT PDS Control Wiring.pdf (2.05 MB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #12
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #13
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alright,

Thanks for the wiring diagrams, that helped a treat. Now on to the next stage of progress.

You can see in this picture that something just doesn't look right....

Yeah... I didn't like it either. So in good fashion, I tore everything apart.

WoW! The PO must have mistook this cart for a 4-wheeler... Nasty!

The Battery tray, I was afraid that it was going to be in shambles... being that this is a 2000 cart.. Well I was surprised it still has plenty of meat.

From the rear:

So... I blasted it with a pressure washer, painted anything that had any sign of rust (and laid it on heavy to the battery tray) with rust converter... Then went back behind it and painted everything with semi-gloss rustoleum protective enamel (and laid that on thick on the batt tray as well)...

The batt tray:

And the cart:

I replaced the rear leafs. Then I got to working on the body. I sprayed it with adhesion promoter... well that must have been a bad idea. At first it sprayed out textured, very heavy. Then that went away and it sprayed out smooth... The body has 17 years of abuse, and it showed.

I decided to throw it out. I placed an order for the Titan body kit in Lime Green. A friend of mine that works in a vinyl company got us some navy blue vinyl... the wife = happy.

The batteries... well they are 2016 batts, but three of them have had it rough. Someone let the lugs get loose and melted the posts. I'm going to call my local battery shop and see if they can put a new post on the three of them. If not I may just try it myself, looks simple enough.

The baking soda was put on there by me as the PO had overfilled the cells and it all splashed out on the ride home.

Last edited by ARKSoft84; 06-19-2017 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Really paintbucket.... really?!
Old 06-20-2017, 02:12 PM   #14
bxlt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hum, Navy and Lime green...Are you from the Pacific northwest by chance?
bxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #15
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlt View Post
Hum, Navy and Lime green...Are you from the Pacific northwest by chance?
Nope... Right here in NC. Luckily only the seats will be navy blue...
Old 06-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #16
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alright... Called the local battery place. They told me that they used to get posts repaired but the guy who was doing it has gotten too old and shaky.

So, what is a man to do? Easy call up his inner Macgyver!

Knowing what they do to electric fork lift battery packs, this made the process slightly easy, yet I will say do not try this at home kids.

I went to Wal-Mart, purchased a 6v battery (the lantern type, non-alkaline says "carbon" on the side of it) Then I took it apart and extracted the carbon rods from within.

Took an old battery cable and "soldered" or melted the lead on the battery post, I figured I could put a new bolt in and then just cast lead around it to hold it on. Well I tried. It didn't work but I tried. So, I took 3 lead marine type battery clamps and put them on the little nubs of the trojan batteries... then I took my carbon rods and melted the lead that they where on and melted lead weights into that lead and filled them up. I melted them on. I even melted the side out of one just to make sure that the lead was doing as I wanted it to.

These are solid. Note** I didn't say pretty.

I did clean them up as best as possible.

I put all the batteries back into the cart, and put some new cables on them. I still need to replace the cables that connect to the controller, and I need to put new ends on the cables that connect to the charger. Other than that, things are looking much better.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

For new batteries, that is awesome.

You don't have lead in your horded cluster? I have a coffee can full of lead, plus a box of lead flashing.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #18
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wow, nice work on the post repair.

I couldn't do that because I witnessed a battery explosion that blew the lops off three batteries at once and the guy sitting on the seat at the time hit his head on the cart roof. No injuries, but a big mess and a big scare. One of those batteries had a post repaired with a drill and tap on the pad where the date code is stamped. You just don't know what damage was done with the loose connections and possible intertnal post connection loss before you got the cart.

But, again, I commend you on some great work and wish you many years with them.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #19
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
For new batteries, that is awesome.

You don't have lead in your horded cluster? I have a coffee can full of lead, plus a box of lead flashing.
I sure don't but I do have a bunch of 3 - 4oz lead fishing weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Wow, nice work on the post repair.

I couldn't do that because I witnessed a battery explosion that blew the lops off three batteries at once and the guy sitting on the seat at the time hit his head on the cart roof. No injuries, but a big mess and a big scare. One of those batteries had a post repaired with a drill and tap on the pad where the date code is stamped. You just don't know what damage was done with the loose connections and possible intertnal post connection loss before you got the cart.

But, again, I commend you on some great work and wish you many years with them.
Hopefully with me taking care of them properly these will last a long time. I had seen some repair batteries by drilling into them, I didn't think that it was too safe.

Seeing as how companies with electric fork lifts do this process that I did often, I figured it had to be the best way. Trust me.. I wasn't happy go lucky doing this, I was quite scared of what could happen. I took the battery tops off so any built up pressure would release, fire extinguisher ready, and my wife standing by.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I only asked, as you had to "sacrifice" 4 batteries to do this repair. One was new, but the other three could have been dead.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO