lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ezgo pds beeps and beeps

really hate coincidences...
05 ezgo pds has started beeping on me and doesn't run. I could use some diagnostic help.
I toggle from tow to run and I get a lot of beeps. If I toggle to tow and back to run the beeps are less. Toggle again and they are even less. Here's one example: First toggle 32 beeps, toggle to tow and back to run 19 beeps, again 12 beeps, 9 beers, 3 beeps, 2 beeps.
Doesn't matter if key switch is on or off. Doesn't matter if selector switch is on forward, reverse, or neutral.
If I let it rest for awhile on tow I get a different set of beeps when I start toggling. (I counted 53 one time but it's different each time after a minute or two of no toggling)
Here's what does matter- I only get these beeps if I have a speed plug in. Doesn't matter which plug as I tried a freedom and a steep hill and I get the beeps. No plug in no beeps but no motion from cart with or without plugs.

So here's the coincidence part. Cart has been running like a champ right up until today... when I washed the cart. I only washed the outside and didn't lift the seat at all. There was a little water in the controller area but no where near as much as has been there when I have intentionally sprayed the area.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading! I hope your an ezgo expert and have a great idea for me
kroy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2017, 09:08 PM   #2
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo pds beeps and beeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroy1968 View Post
really hate coincidences...
05 ezgo pds has started beeping on me and doesn't run. I could use some diagnostic help.
I toggle from tow to run and I get a lot of beeps. If I toggle to tow and back to run the beeps are less. Toggle again and they are even less. Here's one example: First toggle 32 beeps, toggle to tow and back to run 19 beeps, again 12 beeps, 9 beers, 3 beeps, 2 beeps.
Doesn't matter if key switch is on or off. Doesn't matter if selector switch is on forward, reverse, or neutral.
If I let it rest for awhile on tow I get a different set of beeps when I start toggling. (I counted 53 one time but it's different each time after a minute or two of no toggling)
Here's what does matter- I only get these beeps if I have a speed plug in. Doesn't matter which plug as I tried a freedom and a steep hill and I get the beeps. No plug in no beeps but no motion from cart with or without plugs.

So here's the coincidence part. Cart has been running like a champ right up until today... when I washed the cart. I only washed the outside and didn't lift the seat at all. There was a little water in the controller area but no where near as much as has been there when I have intentionally sprayed the area.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for reading! I hope your an ezgo expert and have a great idea for me
I think the 9 beers might have been the issue...

For real though, it sounds like your controller thinks that your cart is rolling away. I'm not sure why it would be doing this though. Might be the solenoid, may want to probe it for voltage on all pins.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Read up on the "diagnostic mode", try it, but with less beers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #4
kroy1968
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have never been able to get it into diagnostic mode. I know the procedure but it doesn't go into diagnostic... never has.

A day after the beeping problem the beeps have gone away. When I toggle from tow to run and press the pedal I get a click in the solenoid and about a second later a second softer click but not motion. I assume the solenoid engages and then disengaged. This only happens once... If I press pedal again I get nothing. Toggle to tow and back to run duplicates the click...click.
I didn't get to test with volt meter today but I'm guessing my controller is burnt.
kroy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:41 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Might be so, but with no tests , you could be tossing money in a hole. A '05 36v txt is not a giant computer mystery machine. There are plenty of testing could be done before dropping $ on unknowns.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO