lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
woodrow
Not Yet Wild

Default 1975 t-bird taylor/dunn

I need a babymoon for my t-bird, also does solidstate help them get up the hills or go across grass my batteries r good , the cart is complete i just replaced the brakeband its all original seats have been redone tho
woodrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1975 t-bird taylor/dunn

Hi woodrow, Solid State is much more efficient than resistor. So if you're traveling along at 50% throttle, you currently have a LOT of power that's drained directly through the resistor coils.

Solid state can give you more amps (for those hills), I don't know what the resistor coil setup was rated at but solid state can go up to 500 amps for normal golf cart use.

The more amps that are consumed by your motor the more torque you'll have. So the motor has a limit to how much power it can consume, and the most power it can take is when it is at a dead stop or going slow. As it speeds up it can consume fewer amps. Also your controller (resistor coils in your case) limit the amp draw.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #3
woodrow
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1975 t-bird taylor/dunn

thanks so much for helping me , I don't much about amps electricity etc , iam wondering if I have the motor rebuilt or get a new one if that would help , on concrete it goes along fine starts slow but builds up speed when u hit grass or hills it almost stops and batteries r charged fully , I guess what I need to know is wher do I start to get this thing so I can actually use it on the golf course , motor , batteries , solid state conversion , ?? I love this vintage cart and want to keep it rolling as original as I can and still use it , any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated .

thank u in advance
woodrow
Old 11-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #4
woodrow
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: 1975 t-bird taylor/dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Hi woodrow, Solid State is much more efficient than resistor. So if you're traveling along at 50% throttle, you currently have a LOT of power that's drained directly through the resistor coils.

Solid state can give you more amps (for those hills), I don't know what the resistor coil setup was rated at but solid state can go up to 500 amps for normal golf cart use.

The more amps that are consumed by your motor the more torque you'll have. So the motor has a limit to how much power it can consume, and the most power it can take is when it is at a dead stop or going slow. As it speeds up it can consume fewer amps. Also your controller (resistor coils in your case) limit the amp draw.

thank you for your time woodrow

Tags
need babymoon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO