lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #11
Golf Cart Tire Supply
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wheels & Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I have 2 low rider carts. I cant tell any difference in the ride between the low profile tires on those and the ride on my normal or lifted carts (I have 8 carts). If anything, the lower profiles ride better than lifted if only because the latter are tough to balance and align.....at least in my case.

All the same, you may want to give these guys a look:

http://www.golfcarttiresupply.com

Best prices I could find and they recently became a site sponsor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
If you drive mostly on the street, don't get all terrain tires. They are loud and don't roll near as smooth.

Check out the new sponsor golf cart tire supply, they have great prices and any tire/wheel combo you can imagine. If you don't see what you want on their site, just email them, or PM them from here and they will hook it up.

I know a couple guys that have ordered many sets from them in the past, before they were sponsors. Nothing but great things to say. I just ordered a new wheel/tire set from them yesterday actually.
Thanks for the kind words @Lochlin and @E36Racer, we appreciate it!

-----

@xeonman13 The smoothest tires are always going to have more sidewall (as many mentioned here). We have a whole section on our site for "Comfort Ride" (Cushy, taller 20.5" tire combos): http://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/comfortride-combos-cushy-taller-tires/ --- which will give you the smoothest ride possible on the street/ golf course.

Out of the links you sent on Amazon, both have similar sidewall heights but I would personally say the 20x10-12 All Terrain DOT Tires/Combo ride slightly "less hard" than the 215/40-12" low profiles (it's taller tread)... but the 215/40-12" is much "smoother" on the street. Any All Terrain tread, even the DOT is going to have less contact with the pavement and therefore will make more noise and ride slightly less smooth. That said, the 20x10-12" DOT tire is "DOT approved" and rides pretty smooth on the street (better than the more aggressive All Terrain tires we offer).

We'd prefer orders on our website, but if you do end up choosing to go with our Amazon Store, just make sure you click our name to order (as multiple other sellers have jumped on our listing )

Please let me know if you have any other questions or are comparing any other tires to the ones you posted. Feel free to call us 844-422-7884 or email us info@golfcarttiresupply.com
Golf Cart Tire Supply is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #12
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is great to hear advice straight from the experts. Thanks Golf Cart Tire Supply for sharing your insights on this subject. It is great having you as a member/sponsor.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #13
xeonman13
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for your replies.
@Golf Cart Tire Supply Thank you for the explanation. The reason I prefer Amazon is only because I was given a large gift card :).

But I will make sure to use your store.

Considering these, which have more sidewall and a 10" wheel.
https://www.amazon.com/VAMPIRE-Machi...5527201&sr=8-2

Besides aesthetics are there any other reasons to lift a cart?
xeonman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #14
Golf Cart Tire Supply
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
It is great to hear advice straight from the experts. Thanks Golf Cart Tire Supply for sharing your insights on this subject. It is great having you as a member/sponsor.
Thanks @Rooster59! Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonman13 View Post
Thank you all for your replies.
@Golf Cart Tire Supply Thank you for the explanation. The reason I prefer Amazon is only because I was given a large gift card :).

But I will make sure to use your store.

Considering these, which have more sidewall and a 10" wheel.
https://www.amazon.com/VAMPIRE-Machi...5527201&sr=8-2

Besides aesthetics are there any other reasons to lift a cart?
@xeonman13 Makes sense! Good gift cards to get =)

The 10" Vampire wheels and 205/50-10" DOT Tires (or any 10" wheel and 205/50-10" tire for that matter) will have a slightly softer ride quality than the 215/40-12" Tires on 12" wheels.

As far as why people lift their carts, we've got an article for that: The 'Rise' In Popularity of Lifted Golf Carts

To summarize the article:
  1. People lift their cart to drive over rougher terrain / tall grass (esp. hunters)
  2. People lift their carts to avoid their rear tires rubbing under the weight of a rear seat kit with riders on it
  3. People lift their carts purely to fit bigger/badder wheels and tires on their cart
Thanks!
Golf Cart Tire Supply is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO