lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
sxepride
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New owner question on battery connection

Just picked up a 2014 club car precedent "championship addition" (what ever that means..lol).. Anyway I ordered a lot of parts already but I have a buddy up at camp that has some sort of built in battery charger and he just has a standard cord/plug under the seat and he just pulls up to any 120v outlet and can charge his cart. Anyone know what this is called or if it is offered for a club car. Pros and cons of this? I received a battery charger when I bought my cart but its a little on the larger side (about 12" long by 4" tall). It's not the large box charger but a small one that has some sort of usb port on it.. Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to my build.
sxepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New owner question on battery connection

If your cart is 2014 then it is probably one of the later carts with the E.R.I.C. charger and no OBC (On Board Computer). Whether it is or not you can fit it with an On-Board Charger such as the Lester 36V/48V Summit II. This will do what your buddy's does by being bolted into the cart and attached directly to the battery pack. Although I don't know if it has a USB port or not. It does have Bluetooth and an App for your phone so that it can tell you how long it has to go to be fully charged.

By all reports these are a good charger but I don't have one so maybe someone else who has can write in with their experience.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:48 PM   #3
sxepride
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
If your cart is 2014 then it is probably one of the later carts with the E.R.I.C. charger and no OBC (On Board Computer). Whether it is or not you can fit it with an On-Board Charger such as the Lester 36V/48V Summit II. This will do what your buddy's does by being bolted into the cart and attached directly to the battery pack. Although I don't know if it has a USB port or not. It does have Bluetooth and an App for your phone so that it can tell you how long it has to go to be fully charged.

By all reports these are a good charger but I don't have one so maybe someone else who has can write in with their experience.
Thanks, after further researching I do have a E.R.I.C charger. It almost looks like the on board lester summit II you mentioned above but I assume they are different. Maybe I can sell this one to buy that one.
sxepride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:09 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You should be able to buy an on board conversion kit for your cart and charger, we have them on some of our fleet here in the UK. They even have a recoil on the cord.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car