lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #21
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Steering wheel stuck- really stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
...So I told him the steering wheel shaft is stuck, but he still wanted it. So it’s officially gone...
That's one way to do it!
"It's someone elses problem now!"

The split die is pretty cool... I never heard of it until now!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #22
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

MAN YOU where there!

All you had to do is run a chisel long ways down the cut you made and that collar would have opened right up!
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:04 PM   #23
Yammie Dude
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The wheel on my Yamaha G22 seriously stuck on. I used PB Blaster for days, I rigged up a bearing puller on it, Put a block of 2x4 on the bottom rim and hit the block with a 3 pound hammer. It would not budge. I finally decided to follow the extreme advice I received to cut the old wheel off and get a new one; which I did. The middle of the wheel was still on the steering shaft and still stuck on. I looked at my parts schematic and determined that if the set bolt on the bottom of the steering rod was removed I could pull the shaft and get the old wheel hub off. I occurred to me that if I had removed the set bolt and pulled the shaft out, I could have simply pulled the shaft and rotated it to re-align the wheel! I didn't need to buy a wheel or destroy the old one.
Yammie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:25 PM   #24
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Just to throw what I just did in the mix for people that may search this thread later: Either Dave or Scotty recommended loosening the nut past the end of the shaft a little, spray some penetrating oil in there, put a ball peen hammer on the nut/shaft end, knees under the wheel, and hit the hammer with a second hammer. The shock of the hammer strike travels through the ball peen and directly to the steering wheel, while the force of your knees pushes. A few whacks should get it off. YMMV.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car