lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #1
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Squirrely handling with lift

I have a 2002 TXT, stock motor, Alltrax controller, Jake’s 6” spindle lift, 23” tires. I have some horrible stability issues when driving WOT. I thought it was alignment since my tie rod was bent. Bought a new one and have it set to about 1/4” toe in as measuring halfway up the tires back and front.

From what I have read, this lift is supposed to be very stable. Is there a better way to check the toe? Can i check anything else? I have a B2 motor on the way along with a 48V lithium pack. I would like this issue figured out.
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2018, 11:33 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Squirrely handling with lift

Spindle lifts are the least stable. Try 0 toe and see if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:52 PM   #3
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Spindle lifts are the least stable. Try 0 toe and see if it helps.

Then there is a lot of misinformation on the forums. Ultimately I should replace it with a drop axle?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post650224
Old 05-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #4
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Drop axle will absolutely be better. It’s all about suspension geometry.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:11 AM   #5
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Then am I experiencing what should be expected? If so, can I convert to a drop axle? I don’t have my original spindles and don’t need the red half of another lift kit
Old 05-05-2018, 05:13 AM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you are using the stock shocks, especially the originals from 2002, they could be contributing to the issue. Get four Gabriel or Monroe shocks (they will be gas charged) for the REAR of a 1971 Ford Pinto. The length for your cart should be perfect if your stock shocks fit now. Replace all four of your shocks with the Pinto shocks. I found a blowout deal on Amazon for less than $15 each.

I'm not a fan of the spindle lifts but a lot of people use them with good result.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:03 AM   #7
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaXtract View Post
Then am I experiencing what should be expected? If so, can I convert to a drop axle? I don’t have my original spindles and don’t need the red half of another lift kit
Lifted carts are going to be inherently less stable than stock due to the higher center of gravity. Anything out of spec will be exaggerated.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #8
nas
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

1/4" toe in is a little too much it creates over steer. Go with an 1/8" toe in I know it doesnt sound like much but it is. If that doesnt cut it I have had luck with 1/8" toe out on some of my txt's dont know why. Also check if your rear spring bushings are still good that can also cause a little steering issue. Another little tid bit is tire preassure. Im up at 7000 ft so when I get tires delivered they are usually at 30psi or higher so If I forget to lower them Im always scratching my head as to why the steering is so touchy.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas View Post
1/4" toe in is a little too much it creates over steer. Go with an 1/8" toe in I know it doesnt sound like much but it is. If that doesnt cut it I have had luck with 1/8" toe out on some of my txt's dont know why. Also check if your rear spring bushings are still good that can also cause a little steering issue. Another little tid bit is tire preassure. Im up at 7000 ft so when I get tires delivered they are usually at 30psi or higher so If I forget to lower them Im always scratching my head as to why the steering is so touchy.
I adjusted it to an 1/8" toe in and things are much better. What psi do you usually run in your tires?

I am ordering some of those shocks that Rooster59 recommended. I had bought Gabriel 81270 shocks, but they must be for drop axle because they are too long for the front.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #10
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I drive only on the street and run 22psi

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO