lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2018, 11:29 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax data file for review

Other than marking the file ASAP after the failure occurs, I'm not sure if another file will tells me anything more than the one we have does.

Also, do you have the 1/2 speed reverse wire connected to the controller? The reason I ask is because the Reverse Switch column never had a "1" in it, so either the cart was never in reverse during the data logging session, or the 1/2 speed reverse wire isn't connected (or at least the SR isn't recognizing it.)

If the wire isn't connected, you could keep going after the failure and turn the FN knob down to a low setting for a few seconds to mark the spot, User-1 % does show up on the log.

-----------
At this point I'm not eliminating anything. What I'm seeing on the log is some Global Shutdowns that appear to be triggered by Throttle errors and over current errors.

-------------
Different subject:
Do you have, or have access to, a DVM with a Min/Max function?
If so, can you attach it to the battery pack and leave it connect while you record a data log?

The the battery voltage column on the log measures between the B- and B+ terminals on the controller and has a max of 58.2V and a Min of 51.7V, so there is a 6.5V drop when 463A are being drawn from the battery pack. That's is roughly 1.4V/100A and, to me, that seems a bit high for a lithium battery pack. Of course, I might be wrong, my knowledge about lithium batteries isn't much.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

It's sounding like it might be a bad connection on the shunt in the controller that is reading output current... If that were to open a bit (maybe a bad solder joint), output power would drop, indicating low voltage at the output, and an overcurrent at the same time.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #13
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,

I don’t have the half speed reverse connected.

Unfortunately, my dvm doesn’t have a min/max function and I don’t believe I have anyone to borrow one from.

I think I could turn down the fn dial pretty easily to mark when the issue happens. I can’t get to it for a bit, but I might as well log another file.

Thanks
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #14
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It's sounding like it might be a bad connection on the shunt in the controller that is reading output current... If that were to open a bit (maybe a bad solder joint), output power would drop, indicating low voltage at the output, and an overcurrent at the same time.
Bob, thanks for chiming in. I was replying to Johnnie while you were posting. I sent the files to the Alltrax tech support email on Friday, but didn’t hear back from them. I’m assuming that’s something they should pick up on in the log? Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It might help if you posted the symptoms of the problem you are having and some of the history.

Or a link to the thread where they are posted.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:22 PM   #16
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It might help if you posted the symptoms of the problem you are having and some of the history.

Or a link to the thread where they are posted.
Very brief losses of power. A couple of times, ive been able to catch a look at my digital in dash meter while it was happening and I was going uphill where the cart was working decently hard. I noticed the voltage on the meter climbs during the episode, like the draw on the pack is being decreased. I have never noticed any sound during the event like the solenoid or contactor dropping in/out.

I’ve checked all wires/cables and don’t find anything amiss or getting hot.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

It would need to be internal to the Alltrax in order to match the symptoms.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #18
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It would need to be internal to the Alltrax in order to match the symptoms.
Thanks Bob. Something in the controller would seem to make sense. As mentioned, I cant find any problems with any of the wiring, but I still havent checked the fn dial or the throttle signal.

I'm running up against my 2 year warranty on the alltrax, so if it is the controller, its showing itself just in time. I'm really hoping to hear back from them tomorrow.

Johnnieb, I just made another file. I'm not sure if you're up for looking though it. It happened quite a few times and a few times I was able to reach the dash and turn the fn dial down just after, so hopefully it marked it. I know I didn't mark it every time. Sometimes it seems to happen for just a quick second and you're not completely sure whether or not it was an event.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 9-30.zip (29.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'll take a look, but might not get to it today.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #20
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

To me your problem sounds an awful lot like annoying pedal up regen braking. I don't know if it's available on the SR controller. If it is turn your regen armature current down to 0 amps. Keep your regen battery amps at 40-50 to keep your rollaway braking. Sorry if this answer is N/A. But it's worth checking.

One other thing, I'd disconnect the FN sw just to see if that is causing your problem.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO