lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
mikehoff99@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 txt 36v charging g concern

I just bought a 2002 36v ezgo txt. This is my first electric golf cart and first post here.
It has all brand new batteries and I just bought a brand new powerwise charger to rule out the charger, and just put on new 4guage battery cables.
The voltage meter always shows in the white section for charge. When I plug it in, the charger will show it is charging, then show the green light for fully charged on the battery charger. But the Guage still shows in the white for charge. If I disconnect and reconnect, the Guage will go all the way to the right into the red for a while until the charger shows fully charged again. When I am driving the cart around the yard, and pressing the accelerator, the needle moves into the green, but when I take my foot off, back into the white section again.
Is this normal?
I even replaced the Guage with a new one to make sure it was operating correctly.
I just need to know if I should worry, or if I need to buy more components.
Thanking you in advance for any help!
mikehoff99@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2018, 08:57 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 txt 36v charging g concern

I’m not the guy to be able to tell you about your gauge vs charging. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a gauge like you’re describing. The pack voltage will drop while the cart is under load, and go back up when you stop or lessen the draw. You should get a digital meter instead of your gauge.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html

Also, a dvm is pretty much a must have, unless you’re going to drag your cart to the shop every time something goes wrong.

If you already have a dvm, then check your pack voltage.

Attached is an soc chart from johnnieb. This would be 10-12 hours after a full charge. I don’t remember how high a charger takes a 36v pack before shutting off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9FD78F3E-302E-4106-9D33-240852B62D09.jpeg (127.1 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
mikehoff99@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 txt 36v charging g concern

Screenshot_20181011-210336_Amazon.jpg
I installed this meter, but on your advice I am going with a waterproof digital meter instead. Thank you. I am hoping all is ok with it. I haven't taken it for a long ride yet since camping season is over, but I want to make sure I get all of the bugs worked out now...
Thank you for your quick response! This is my new favorite forum!
mikehoff99@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO