lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #21
Hangar Pilot
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ERIC Update Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Just want to make sure you read this first, and all the steps competed as stated. If so, cycle the charger A'/C again.
I downloaded that document from another post and I follow it to the letter. That's what aggravating with this process. It should be so simple.
Hangar Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #22
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

I just bought new batteries and I’m experiencing this exact same issue. We’re you able to resolve it?

I found a list of error codes on the delta Q (manufacturer of the ERIC charger) website. It basically says to call their offices, which I’ll do in the morning.

https://support.delta-q.com/hc/en-us...uide_rev_1.pdf
MadAktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #23
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

My issue isn’t resolved, but I’ve made progress. Delta Q responded with:

“Sometimes you will get an script error depending on the data transfer rate of the USB drive. Some generic brand USB could result with this error. It's best to use a USB drive such as Sandisk or Kingston.“

That wasn’t very helpful for me, as I tried installing algorithm #71 using a variety of flash drives with no success. I then attempted to install algorithm #1 just to see if it would work. Surprisingly it did work. I then attempted to install algorithm #71 again. This time it was successful.

I then charged the cart overnight. Everything went as expected. Unfortunately when I reviewed the results on the SimpleIDAT software, it’s stated “ActiveAlgNotSet|” error alarm (pictured).

I have another email into Delta Q in an attempt to resolve. Any feedback would be appreciated – thanks. To be continued…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F822FA19-93F6-4219-A68A-F6ACB0B7FF6F.jpg (139.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2020, 09:49 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did You double check all the basics already:
  • Make sure the USB disk is formatted as FAT32
  • Re-download and re-extract the contents of the algorithm zip file into the root of the drive.
  • Show all hidden and system files to make sure CHARGER is the only folder on the root of the drive.
  • The CHARGER folder should contain the FILES and FILTERS folders.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #25
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Did You double check all the basics already:
  • Make sure the USB disk is formatted as FAT32
  • Re-download and re-extract the contents of the algorithm zip file into the root of the drive.
  • Show all hidden and system files to make sure CHARGER is the only folder on the root of the drive.
  • The CHARGER folder should contain the FILES and FILTERS folders.
Yes
Yes
No - will look into “hidden files”
Yes

Thanks for input
Old 01-21-2020, 05:12 PM   #26
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar Pilot View Post
I've installed a new set of Trojan T875 batteries in my 2014 Precedent. After reading a few post on the forum about updating the algorithm in the chargers I thought I would check mine. It had version 31. So I followed the instructions on updating it to version 1.

The first time I tried it and then checked it still had the old version 31 installed. So I tried it again. It ran through the process and the green triangle stopped blinking. So when I unplugged the flash drive the triangle flashed a fast yellow. So I plugged the flash drive back in and it acted like it was doing an update and the triangle was solid green. Again when I unplugged the flash drive it flashed the fast yellow.

So I cycled power on the charger and then did a down load. The simple IDAT software shows under the Charger Summary that Active Charging Profile at 1. Under Charger Cycles in the Active Algorithm column it shows nothing and in the Alarms?Errors column is shows ActiveALGNotSet!

So am I ok? Do I need to charge the batteries for the charge cycles to be updated and show the correct information?
Can anyone tell me how to access the “charger summary” referred to in the first post of this thread? I’m sure it’s something simple, but I’m clearly overlooking it. It might give me some clues. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8E42B609-390D-4C50-96E5-C954B9312E9C.jpeg (27.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2020, 06:54 PM   #27
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

Never mind, I figured it out. Single click on the charger serial number, then new tabs become available
Old 01-22-2020, 07:31 AM   #28
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

So...good news. My active algorithm is now set to #71. The only thing ive done since the previously mentioned overnight charge was to drive the cart down to 50.5V, plug the cart in overnight, format the the flashdrive, and plug the formatted flashdrive into the charger to download the charge cycle database. I wish i could pin down exactly what i did for the next guy who runs into this problem. Best thing I can say is be patient, and methodical. Thx for being there everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD5A91BA-C4BB-4D29-A6ED-D62463060BB4.jpg (308.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B26BA022-537D-4B17-97EA-E318C5D640E4.jpg (183.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2021, 01:50 AM   #29
alex-in-china
Not Yet Wild

I have a fleet of Club Cars and installed new Trojan T-875 batteries. The chargers have the 31 algorithm. I downloaded the "1" profile and went through the procedure for 46 chargers. only 7 of the chargers updated to profile "1". They have 4.3.7.264 active software. The others didnt update but went through the normal blinking green to solid green procedure. the ones that didnt update have softwares 2.0.1.8, 1.11.4.8, and 1.10.0.8. Do you think the software is too old to accept the charge profile? Also can i download the software upgrade? the SW folder in the "1" algorithm is empty.
alex-in-china is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:54 AM   #30
alex-in-china
Not Yet Wild

Hi Fairtax4me, your information has been very helpful. So thanks. Got a few questions. I have a fleet of Club Cars and installed new Trojan T-875 batteries. The chargers have the 31 algorithm. I downloaded the "1" profile and went through the procedure for 46 chargers. only 7 of the chargers updated to profile "1". They have 4.3.7.264 active software. The others didnt update but went through the normal blinking green to solid green procedure. the ones that didnt update have softwares 2.0.1.8, 1.11.4.8, and 1.10.0.8. Do you think the software is too old to accept the charge profile? Also can i download the software upgrade? the SW folder in the "1" algorithm is empty. Any ideas?
alex-in-china is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
algorithms, eric, update, usb
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car