lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2019, 10:14 AM   #101
DomDotCom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 EZGO TXT series 36 v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Agree with Yurtle, if brake drum will move slightly that means it's not stuck on axle and you need to unadjusted brake shoes. You’ll need to hold cam pawl off adjusting star wheel to turn it to retract shoes. Also make sure brake cable are not froozen causing shoes to not Contract as that’s what the brakes do.

If drum is frozzen to axle, bp blaster or torch heat can help loosen it
The whole assembly was not budging I had to take off the brake lines. Then I use the little hole in the brake drum to unscrew it from the axle. I ended up having to actually "beat the brakes off" the pads are so worn it's not even funny... is there any maintenance u should do before installing new pads? I plan on cleaning all the gunk.

Also, I got these in the mail today. Only thing is the voltage reducer says 48/60/72v to 12v. Can I still use it on my 36v ezgo? I wanted one with higher amp but I wasn't paying attention to the voltage...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
DomDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #102
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDotCom View Post
The whole assembly was not budging I had to take off the brake lines. Then I use the little hole in the brake drum to unscrew it from the axle. I ended up having to actually "beat the brakes off" the pads are so worn it's not even funny... is there any maintenance u should do before installing new pads? I plan on cleaning all the gunk.
The Manual tells you what to adjust/replace.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:13 PM   #103
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you look, your springs have a bit of a wrong-way-bend. You may want to replace those (possibly with an HD option) at some point. But it'll lift the rear of your cart when you do so check your clearance into your garage first.

Also, that's a lot of lights! Light bar, spot lights, side lights, roof lights, zombie lights and driving lights?.... You'll need sunglasses just to drive at night!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #104
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Blue lights in your face. They are rude, when driving at night. The only "lights" that I have "inside" are ammeter on dash - I can turn that off, Alltrax Ex-Ray - I can turn that off, and radio - on overhead console, so not really in my eyes. If it bugged me, I could hook up an external switch, and have no lights "inside".
Old 01-29-2019, 08:43 PM   #105
DomDotCom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
If you look, your springs have a bit of a wrong-way-bend. You may want to replace those (possibly with an HD option) at some point. But it'll lift the rear of your cart when you do so check your clearance into your garage first.

Also, that's a lot of lights! Light bar, spot lights, side lights, roof lights, zombie lights and driving lights?.... You'll need sunglasses just to drive at night!
Yeah I agree I'll definitely get some HD leaf springs eventually. Not really in the budget right now. Maybe after summer. Anyway, does anybody know if I can still use the voltage reducer that I bought or should I just sent it back and get at different one? I can always put tape or marker over those blue lights on the switch panel. I have no clue what a zombie lights are but I intend to find out

Old 01-29-2019, 08:55 PM   #106
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I doubt if you can use the reducer. Since they listed 3 different voltage, seems like they would have listed 36 if it accommodated that. All three listed voltages are multiples of 12.

You can always contact seller.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:32 PM   #107
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Suggestion,please use term brake “shoes” not brake pads, two different braking systems .
Are you just installing new brake shoes or the entire assembly( backing plate with shoes , springs ect. as shown in your picture ?
Manual shows how to install assembly also individual parts ak
brake shoes.
Be sure to follow brake adjusters,cable adjustment ect according to manual when assembling. Important t o do these adjustments for brakes to work correctly after install.��
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:35 PM   #108
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yep. There's a whole chapter on the "system". It should be done IN THE ORDER THE MANUAL PRESENTS, not just randomly doing what looks easy.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:20 AM   #109
DomDotCom
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Yep. There's a whole chapter on the "system". It should be done IN THE ORDER THE MANUAL PRESENTS, not just randomly doing what looks easy.
Ok. Thanks [emoji818] I have a long story about the brakes...
Im bored so..
I ordered brakes in May 2018 and put off changing them. I didn't want to have my ride DIW. So I was going to install the new shoes after all the banging and cussing late at night (for several nights). See I don't get home till 9pm and I can't do anything loud as it will wake my better half or the kids. It happened once, won't happen again.
Anyway, when I got the pads off and went to replace them, guess what, they were the wrong ones! Should've seen that coming..
I immediately ordered the right brake shoes and they were delivered last night. I finished the driver side last night around 1230am then wired the lights, (new) voltage reducer, and fuse box. I then celebrated with a couple beers.
I started on the passenger side the next day and man, it was easy as pie! The drum came right off and I was done in about 10 minutes. Im guessing it was from the brakes being more abused on the driver side.
So that's done I'll be putting pictures in the other post. Thanks for all your help!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO