lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #11
AKavanaughSC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery Issue; Bad Cell??

I hate on these forums when people ask questions, get advice but never share the results, so here is the skinny!

After the feedback I received (THANKS!) went to Batteries+ and got the ol' Duracell to match the specs of the US1800's. With the buy online/pick up discount it was just under $100. Came home and installed. New battery was showing 6.1v as compared to 6.4v for the others, but hell, I had to try out the new setup. Spent about 20 minutes joyriding and it was GREAT!

BTW, batteries are May 2016. I'm content with the Duracell being a sacrificial battery. Perhaps if it has any more life than the others, it can be my new accessory battery bank.

R. Boyd, that doesn't surprise me about bottom of the barrel. The guy I bought the golf cart from (who had the batteries replaced before he sold it to me) used to grab a bed sheet and use the cart to steal pinestraw from the golf course he was a member of, so I'm "shocked" they are the cheapest, LOL.

JohnnyB, the XCT48500-PDS I purchased had written "stock motor" on the back of it, so I can assume this already had been taken care of, however, I will verify once I locate an old style USB cable. Appreciate the knowledge. And yes, 48v upgrade will be in the future, but I'm in need of some funds after my recent purchase. Need summer to start so I can cut some more grass!

kgsc, YES, I'm wondering now too. Especially because on my original post when the cart failed, another member said there are usually thermal shutdowns and I never had one. However, after it first died, I did charge it and it did not even move. Once the controller was installed, it at least moved 10ft. Who knows, but I'm still happy to have the new controller/solenoid/cables.

Appreciate it y'all!
AKavanaughSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #12
rib33024

Default Re: Battery Issue; Bad Cell??

That battery you got needs to be charged. 6.1 in considered dead, needs to be charged. 6.1 is 50% charged
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO