lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 09:09 PM   #21
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2014 ezgo rxv lightning strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It sounds like maybe the motor brake driver FET could be defective. That would also lead to overheating of the motor brake coil. The only way to know is to run diagnostics. Where are you located?
Cart stays in Greenville Alabama. That's about 30 minutes south of Montgomery. Im.taking it back to Mobile with me tomorrow or Sunday.
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2019, 12:11 AM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER250 View Post
Cart stays in Greenville Alabama. That's about 30 minutes south of Montgomery. Im.taking it back to Mobile with me tomorrow or Sunday.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:28 AM   #23
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Quote:
Mr. Boyce is the FET something that's easily replaced on the board or would it benefit me more to just buy a new controller. I'm not really sure what my options are here. I took the old brake off that went through the strike. It did ohm out fine. Only reason I ask about the controller I'm sure the cart places here are gonna see what it is and say well your controllers shot.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:40 AM   #24
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

One more bit of info not sure if it matter. I took the brake off the motor and turned the key on the brake clicked or unlocked whatever it does the cart never tried to lurch. It only lurches with the brake on the motor so does the cart try to move during initial test and it's not letting the brake set?
Old 04-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #25
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
One more bit of info not sure if it matter. I took the brake off the motor and turned the key on the brake clicked or unlocked whatever it does the cart never tried to lurch. It only lurches with the brake on the motor so does the cart try to move during initial test and it's not letting the brake set?
Yea, it sounds like the POST is failing a test before it gets to the motor twist test. I think you're looking at a controller problem. The FET that I mentioned is not easy to change. It is a heavilly heatsinked surface mount FET that literally has to be destroyed to remove it. I posted a photo long ago of an RXV controller PCB that shows one that had been replaced. Here it is...

You might want to send the controller to me so I can put it on the bench and run diagnostics on it for you.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:38 AM   #26
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Quote:
Yea, it sounds like the POST is failing a test before it gets to the motor twist test. I think you're looking at a controller problem. The FET that I mentioned is not easy to change. It is a heavilly heatsinked surface mount FET that literally has to be destroyed to remove it. I posted a photo long ago of an RXV controller PCB that shows one that had been replaced. Here it is...

You might want to send the controller to me so I can put it on the bench and run diagnostics on it for you.

Bob
Ok I can do that. Is there any certain way to take the controller out as far as what wires should come off first or just take power off and go from there. Also need a shipping address thanks Mr. Boyce.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #27
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Imma ask a dumb question here. The place I bought the cart from is 10 minutes from my house. If I took the cart there and had them put a handheld on it first would there be any benefit of doing that over taking this controller off and sending it to you. And I'm not saying I dont trust anyone or anything like that. I know people are always wanting you to check their stuff and I guess what I'm saying would it benefit you for me to do this first instead of just sending you the unit.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:15 AM   #28
OttyFields
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Imma ask a dumb question here. The place I bought the cart from is 10 minutes from my house. If I took the cart there and had them put a handheld on it first would there be any benefit of doing that over taking this controller off and sending it to you. And I'm not saying I dont trust anyone or anything like that. I know people are always wanting you to check their stuff and I guess what I'm saying would it benefit you for me to do this first instead of just sending you the unit.
I would trust Bob to look at it before ANYONE else....
Just my $.02...
OttyFields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #29
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Ok controllers out boxed up ready to ship. Just need the where to shipping info and I'll send it tomorrow evening.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:02 PM   #30
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok controllers out boxed up ready to ship. Just need the where to shipping info and I'll send it tomorrow evening.
Sent you a pm.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO