lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2019, 08:43 PM   #1
Sid627
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo PDS cart rear end roar

2008 Ezgo PDS cart with rear end roaring. Cart was flipped in a pond several years ago. I replaced the controller and rear end oil. Now recently it had developed a roar in the rear end. I dropped the rear end oil and replaced several times to make sure it was clean. At the same time I had the motor bearing replaced because I was told that was where the noise was coming from. After replacing the oil And motor bearing the roar is still there. Everything appeared to be good in the differential. My thoughts are the wheel bearings but was curious if anyone has had this and what I should try next.
Sid627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo PDS cart rear end roar

If you drain the rear end oil,let it sit in a container for few hours. Notice any metal flakes/ sparkle ?
With rear wheels jacked up,hear any noise when wheels are turned? Feel any rough spots,crunchiness in wheels like bad bearing?

Axle bearings are inexpensive if you can replace yourself. Still definetlly good if you can positively pinpoint problem before changing parts.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
bubba109
Not Yet Wild

Mine was doing the same thing I believe mine had been flooded. Had the brushes replaced and motor bearing quiet as a mouse now!!
bubba109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:21 PM   #4
Sid627
Not Yet Wild

There were some metal shavings visible when I dropped the pan. The gears look fine by looking at them. Should I replace the bearings and the gears?
Sid627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:32 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Bearings are cheap. I did mine and it helped a little. Are the metal particles very fine or course? Obviously hard to describe, but if you've ever dropped a car or truck transmission pan and cleaned the magnet, that's about what mine looked like. I left a rare earth magnet in the oil for a few days. With mine, I rubbed them between my fingers, and it was a little abrasive, but not flesh tearing, if that helps.

Replace motor bearing and inspect brushes. Service manual covers this.

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28789-g01.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DANA AXLE, 1988-95, 28148G01.pdf (3.93 MB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO