lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 08:39 PM   #1
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Default Pushing for speed on the FSIPEZGO Speed

So I ordered the FSIP EZGO Speed. I have the alltrax 400 installed and wondering what I should push the RPMs to on 23 inch tires.

Sadly, Im twiddling my thumbs as FedEx messed up the motor barcode and it went to New Jersey, not Florida. So I have more time to think about the optimal settings.

Side note. Anyone have experience with changing to disc brakes? What brand would you recommend for my ezgo txt 48?
Rurki is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pushing for speed on the FSIPEZGO Speed

I seem to hear Ausco whenever I hear anyone doing disk brakes here. There’s a sticky on installing them on the top of the page.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurki View Post
So I ordered the FSIP EZGO Speed. I have the alltrax 400 installed and wondering what I should push the RPMs to on 23 inch tires.
Best bet would be call FSIP and ask them what their max recommended RPM is for the motor you have, however with 23" tall tires, your cart isn't likely to reach the generic max RPM (6000RPM) even with a tail wind. That would be 33MPH.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
I seem to hear Ausco whenever I hear anyone doing disk brakes here. There’s a sticky on installing them on the top of the page.
Ordered and hopefully shipping soon. These upgrades are addicting.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #5
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Best bet would be call FSIP and ask them what their max recommended RPM is for the motor you have, however with 23" tall tires, your cart isn't likely to reach the generic max RPM (6000RPM) even with a tail wind. That would be 33MPH.
Yea, I figure I'll get about 28 to 30 depending on the day. Just don't want to over stress the motor. I'll hit then up to be sure.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We are an FSIP motor dealer. 6000 is the max recommended rpm limit. 6000 rpms with 23s will be so fast your but will clinch the seat vinyl.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #7
Texasbass
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just installed the speed motor and really like it. I’ve got 20” off-road tires and max rpms is set to 6000. I hit about 27.5 mph at WOT.
Texasbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
Rurki
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We are an FSIP motor dealer. 6000 is the max recommended rpm limit. 6000 rpms with 23s will be so fast your but will clinch the seat vinyl.
Thanks for the confirmation on the RPMs.
I ordered the motor from your shop, that and my alltrax controller. Controller is installed with the FN key. Motor comes in Friday! Seatbelts have been installed !!
Old 07-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbass View Post
I just installed the speed motor and really like it. I’ve got 20” off-road tires and max rpms is set to 6000. I hit about 27.5 mph at WOT.
Off-road tires are typicality slower than street tires and the mathematical speed at 6000RPM with 12.44:1 gears and 20" tall tires is 28.7MPH, so your cart doesn't have much excessive mechanical drag.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO