lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
thshc8
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 RXV trying to kill me

I have a 2008 rxv that has some demons I can't figure out. When first driving it it will lock up and I have to turn the key off then back on to continue. Most of the time if I walk away and come back pressing the accelerator does nothing. charge gauge and reverse buzzer works fine, but I have to turn the key off then on to move again. This will happen for the first 4-5 holes then after that it seems completely normal. I have replaced the brake with the new style and the solenoid 3 times. No dealers around me know anything about the rxv's so no help there. I was thinking a loose connection somewhere, but why would it be fine after a short time? Resistor module? Encoder bearing? I am at a loss. I have to let others in my group drive first because these things stop on a dime and when it locks up I have been rear ended several times. Even tossed my buddy through the windshield because he was leaning forward when it locked up once
thshc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2019, 09:43 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2008 RXV trying to kill me

If you replaced the brake with the new style hd style stop using it until you find the old style regular duty brake. The new style can overheat the controller and eventually burn out that circuit which will make it unusable.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:53 AM   #3
thshc8
Not Yet Wild

When I say new style I mean the one without the lever.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:14 AM   #4
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm new so you have to give more details about the sequence of events etc...

Also wires that are lose can vibrate and break a connection. They cam also vibrate and make that same connection. Wires that get hot can do similar crazy things.

Look at the picture attached. Makes me question that accelerator pedal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190723-195448_Chrome.jpg (97.1 KB, 0 views)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
thshc8
Not Yet Wild

Have had the cart for a few years. Previous owner hated it so I got it super cheap. Brake was locked up when i got it so we replaced it as well as batteries. Still hard stopped. Replaced the solenoid. worked great for a few months then back to locking up. Replaced solenoid again and this time it didn't help. In the spring it rarely happens, but as soon as it warms up it gets worse. Once it happens i turn the key off then on quickly and I can start moving again. Im sure the brake is shot from all the hard stops, but until I can find the cause I don't want to destroy another one. It sounds like a bad connection, but why would it always work fine after a few holes?
Old 07-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Tests
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190731-112103_Drive.jpg (247.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190731-112034_Drive.jpg (252.4 KB, 0 views)
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO