lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #11
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2013 RXV No Go

Some friendly advice... When installing the Brake and if you drop it the impact might mis-align the mounting holes in the Brake Assembly. The Holes will need to be reset before the Brake can be mounted properly. A friend of mine did this...not me
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2019, 12:06 AM   #12
FlyingR6
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbar View Post
Found it.
Thanks for the nice and easy video, but why do you have to switch the plugs around, when you already have the tow toggle switch?
FlyingR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:14 AM   #13
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingR6 View Post
Thanks for the nice and easy video, but why do you have to switch the plugs around, when you already have the tow toggle switch?
No idea. I’ve had gas carts for years. This is my first electric RXV. My kids drive it and they will probably drive this to empty so I just wanted to know what to do when I have to tow it.

I suppose it has to do when it’s dead, dead rather then almost dead?
I hope to never have to try this.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:22 AM   #14
FlyingR6
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
No idea. I’ve had gas carts for years. This is my first electric RXV. My kids drive it and they will probably drive this to empty so I just wanted to know what to do when I have to tow it.

I suppose it has to do when it’s dead, dead rather then almost dead?
I hope to never have to try this.
I totally hear you there. I'm in the market for an RXV, so I'm trying to read up as much as possible.

My wife running it out of battery while I'm at work is a real possibility, so I want to be prepared too! I'm afraid the neighbors will try to help push it home, and end up causing more problems.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:40 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you put it in tow, then put key in Neutral, it should roll & still have brakes. The "plug swap" totally unlocks all brakes if i recall.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:56 AM   #16
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I totally hear you there. I'm in the market for an RXV, so I'm trying to read up as much as possible.

My wife running it out of battery while I'm at work is a real possibility, so I want to be prepared too! I'm afraid the neighbors will try to help push it home, and end up causing more problems.
I was lucky to find a fantastic condition cart and it was an RXV. I did zero research which is not like me. I research supermarket sales so when I learned I bought an RXV and how interesting it is I had a bit of buyer remorse.

I have a place in a private community and a house in the community recently sold and the new buyers didn’t want the cart (they were buying to AirBnB it)
Wrong time of year to sell a golf cart so I jumped on it and got a deal.

Now that I have a few miles on it - I can say I am loving it. There are few things I like and don’t like. I like that the cart doesn’t roll on an incline but I also don’t like that it doesn’t roll on an incline.

1. Teaches the kids bad habits.
2. The way I need to park - being able to roll back is helpful. Now I have to put it into reverse.
3. It’s slower than most carts. Most carts defaults are 15-17 MPH. The RXV is 12 MPH. You can have it adjusted by skilled folks.

But man is it smooth!
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:11 AM   #17
buckeyejudge
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If you put it in tow, then put key in Neutral, it should roll & still have brakes. The "plug swap" totally unlocks all brakes if i recall.
First things first, there is only one brake on an electric RXV, and that is the motor brake.
Second, the most important thing to understand about the motor brake is that it's default position is closed, meaning stopped. To open the brake you need to apply power. That is why the process of putting it in Tow and Neutral works, when you have enough power.
However, when you have no power or not enough power going to the brake, it will remained locked, leaving you 2 options:
1. Use the process shown in the aforementioned video, which reroutes power, or:
2. Remove the brake from the end of the motor completely.

I've heard of a 3rd option where you can apply power from an outside source, but that wouldn't be something most end users would be able to do.

RXV carts are great carts, when they aren't so frustrating!

Hope it helped.
buckeyejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #18
FlyingR6
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyejudge View Post
First things first, there is only one brake on an electric RXV, and that is the motor brake.
Second, the most important thing to understand about the motor brake is that it's default position is closed, meaning stopped. To open the brake you need to apply power. That is why the process of putting it in Tow and Neutral works, when you have enough power.
However, when you have no power or not enough power going to the brake, it will remained locked, leaving you 2 options:
1. Use the process shown in the aforementioned video, which reroutes power, or:
2. Remove the brake from the end of the motor completely.
That makes a ton of sense, thank you very much for the break down!
Old 11-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #19
buckeyejudge
Getting Wild

Quote:
That makes a ton of sense, thank you very much for the break down!
I've gotten a ton of help on here, I'm happy to pass whatever I can along.
buckeyejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
I was lucky to find a fantastic condition cart and it was an RXV. I did zero research which is not like me. I research supermarket sales so when I learned I bought an RXV and how interesting it is I had a bit of buyer remorse.

I have a place in a private community and a house in the community recently sold and the new buyers didn’t want the cart (they were buying to AirBnB it)
Wrong time of year to sell a golf cart so I jumped on it and got a deal.

Now that I have a few miles on it - I can say I am loving it. There are few things I like and don’t like. I like that the cart doesn’t roll on an incline but I also don’t like that it doesn’t roll on an incline.

1. Teaches the kids bad habits.
2. The way I need to park - being able to roll back is helpful. Now I have to put it into reverse.
3. It’s slower than most carts. Most carts defaults are 15-17 MPH. The RXV is 12 MPH. You can have it adjusted by skilled folks.

But man is it smooth!
Stock cart can be set to run 15 with nothing other than a handheld. Put the freedom dongle on it and can get it to 20. Let someone tweak it with a developer setup and it can run in the high 20s. May not want to do that with the kids.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO