lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2019, 01:17 PM   #11
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT series 36v will only move on jack stands

Are any of the cables getting hot?
Would a motor continuity test help tell if the brushes are bad?
Have you confirmed the throttle signal is correct?

I don’t remember how to do it, but Johnnieb has a test for voltage at b- and m-, throttle just past click and full, that tests controller. I also don’t remember if it works for series carts. Hopefully he’ll see this or maybe you can find it in search.

Swapping motors and controllers is enough of a hassle that I’d try some troubleshooting before stabbing in the dark. Just my .02 from a novice
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #12
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys so I noticed on the schematic sheet posted on another thread with a 3 prong controller there were lines between the A and D terminals as well as B and C terminals in the back of the F&R so I tried a jumper wire on the A n D and it went full speed. Are those terminals suppose to have a wire connecting them on a 3 prong controller?
RMcGuire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:34 PM   #13
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

Scratch that, I jumped the A n C terminals on the F&R switch and it took off. That mean the switch is bad?
Old 11-23-2019, 08:36 PM   #14
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

Swapped over controller and F&R from cart that works perfectly and it’s beeping like it’s in reverse, tires are still moving forward very slowly. When i jump F&R from A to C it takes off....
Old 11-23-2019, 09:09 PM   #15
RMcGuire11
Not Yet Wild

I just found out I have a sepex motor and not a series motor....guessing that could be the issue why it’s not running full power unless I jump it on F&R
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO