lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
Uchsgrad05
Not Yet Wild

Default Full throttle cut out

I need some help, I’m brand new to owning a golf cart and just purchased my first yesterday. I have no idea how to work on one as I’ve always owned gas powered toys...when I’m at full throttle I lose power, but she I let off slightly it will regain power. I’ve used the search feature and come up with a bunch of things but they are all assuming the person can work on it and knows where to look. I asked the guy I bought it from and he said to put the cart in N and press the pedal 50 or so times and drive it, that something might be dirty?? Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Uchsgrad05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Full throttle cut out

EZGO carts manufactured before they introduced the ITS (Inductive Throttle System) a 0Ω to 5kΩ potentiometer was used and if the resistance went over about 7kΩ, the controller (Curtis 1204 or 1205) shut down.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the ITS came out in mid 1994, so if your cart is older than that is has a variable resistor for a throttle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO