lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: Year 2 of ownership, Tags and Tax Credit question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by portland View Post
I am not overly concerned with having tags on my Emerge since I rarely drive it in an area where I would be stopped by police. It would just be easier for me to turn my tags in (assuming that does not have a negative impact on the tax credit I received).
It will have no negative impact on your tax status as I mentioned before, the cart does not need to be registered, just titled and taxes paid.
Only you know where you drive and what the consequences might be.
You know it only costs $18 to rent a U-Haul trailer if you really need one.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #12
dmax27
Getting Wild

Check to see if there are any moble inspection companys in your area. They will come to your house or place of business to inspect your NEV. We have them in MA. they are like moble glass installers. I'd keep it registered and avoid a ticket and tow cost.

dmax
dmax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
reward7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would double check those state inspection requirements. I am in Virginia and according to the Va State Police, LSV's are not required to get state inspections because they do not go faster than 25 mph. Above 25mph then Federal Safety regulations kick in, airbags, 5 mph bumpers, etc. The officer I spoke with said LSV's would not even pass because of the airbag issue. Not sure on your original tax credit question but as you have found there is not a lot of info out there.

Regulatory specifications
[edit] United States
On 11 July 1984, the U.S. government amended Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 208 (FMVSS 20 to require cars produced after 1 April 1989 to be equipped with a passive restraint for the driver. An airbag or an automatic seat belt would meet the requirements of the standard. Airbag introduction was stimulated by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.[32] However, airbags were not mandatory on light trucks until 1997.[33]

In 1998, FMVSS 208 was amended to require dual front airbags, and de-powered, or second-generation airbags were also mandated. This was due to the injuries caused by first-generation airbags, though FMVSS 208 continues to require that bags be engineered and calibrated to be able to "save" the life of an unbelted 50th-percentile size and weight "male" crash test dummy.
reward7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #14
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

The "Feds" (i.e. The IRS) Don't care, nor can they enforce whether or not you comply with the state vehicle registration system. It's not their place to enforce vehicle registration with the state and they won't spend the time to follow up with all 50 states registration system. The credit depended on you buying the vehicle, which was certified by the manufacturer, in the year the tax credit was applicable.

Register if you want. Worst case scenario you could get a ticket by a state, county or city law enforcement official. But if anyone sees a black & white IRS car with lights flashing, let me know!

Here is the Internal Revenue Bulletin 2009-26 which states the criteria for which must be met for the credit to be filed and I can't see where it says it must be registered or titled. Someone take a look and see if you see anything different.
http://www.irs.gov/irb/2009-26_IRB/ar07.html
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #15
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruzslick View Post
It just seems unreasonable to force people to rent a trailer, and in some situations a truck to tow it with, each year just to renew their registration. One would think there would be an exception or the availability of a mobile inspection in situations such as these.

Unreasonable? Even if they didn't pay for the cart to begin with? What's the cost of a trailer rental once a year against the price of a brand new cart? Everything can't be given out free of charge. You think the government to should spend more tax payer dollars to hand deliver an inspection as well?

If the OP doesn't want to put forth the effort to be legal, then forget it and take the chances on getting caught without the proper paper work in place. How much would a traffic ticket be compared to the trailer rental or even simply an effort to "borrow" a trailer?

Is it also unreasonable for the government to force people to purchase healthcare insurance? Did you vote for the ones that screwed us with that law? Now, I'll get down off my soap box before my BP rises so much that I fall off and hurt myself.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Unreasonable? Even if they didn't pay for the cart to begin with? :
You guys gotta get over this crap.....
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

What crap is that?
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin