lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2021, 10:24 PM   #131
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO Workhorse / Jacobsen Build

Well mine are real tree camo and black carbon fiber wrapped so no paint for me I did paint one Cinderella Pink and then my daughter said no deal.. It is now black fiber.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #132
grampie365
Not Yet Wild

I just checked out most of this thread re your build project. it is looking good. I really like the POR15 you used on some of the frame. That is really good stuff and holds up well when work piece is prepped up. Look forward to seeing your progress.
grampie365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:21 AM   #133
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampie365 View Post
I just checked out most of this thread re your build project. it is looking good. I really like the POR15 you used on some of the frame. That is really good stuff and holds up well when work piece is prepped up. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Thanks grampie! I like POR15 and Rustoleum too, but the bad thing is it takes days to cure. I had a fan blowing on it for 3 days and it finally hardened up. I'm debating another coat? Man does it make it look nice though!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #134
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The POR 15 is fully cured. Man that stuff is tough!! Love it.

I have made the decision to convert this cart to an EZGO Workhorse. I'll get the EZGO front center badge and get/make new decals for the dump bed.

I also made the decision to get the Steleng 6" lift kit for this cart. I already have some really nice 20x10x10 brand new turf style tires mounted on black 10" rims. I think I'll use those. Not looking to make an off roader, but the slick golf cart tires gotta go, that thing gets stuck in moist grass. I think this will give it a more utility look without being too high in the air or having a terrible ride quality. Lift should be here next week.

Since it was warm recently I have been putting some seat time on it to help break in the engine. I think what I need to do is take a nice long easy 1 hour drive. Hmmmm, I'll have to figure that one out.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:35 PM   #135
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It's late, but I got the lift installed. My intuition was correct, this cart needed the lift and looks much much better. The install was not easy, but it wasn't difficult either. I'd give it a 5/10 on difficulty. The issues I ran into were the standard rusty bolts and stuck tie rod ends, those slowed me down a good 1.5 hours. Total time was 5.5 hours.

Steleng is high quality. The parts went together just as designed. The directions were very basic and straightforward, any mechanically inclined person should be able to get through it. I did find a YouTube video that was very helpful, although it was for the Jake's version, but it was oddly similar. Price was good, $349 plus tax. The Jake's was $100 more so I decided to give this one a shot. Glad I did.

These are terrible photos, but I can get better ones tomorrow.

Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210321_174805.jpg (239.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210321_180608.jpg (236.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210321_192509.jpg (293.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210321_215329.jpg (319.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210321_215344.jpg (284.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #136
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Last weekend and early this week the weather was gorgeous, 60-70's and sunny. So I let the wife take the Hauler for a drive. Guess what? She loves it! It's funny, she asked me "Why are you putting that lift kit on? It doesn't need it." Then afterwards she said "Oh I like how it sits higher now."

Well, anyway..... This is now going to be the cart we use at home. So the G1 is going to get sold.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #137
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The steering on this cart was really wonky. So, I just did the right thing and ordered two tie rod ends and a steering rack, as well as king pins and bushings. I have to tell you..... She steers like a brand new cart! At $67 the rack was a bargain, even if it only lasts a few years. It did come from an unnamed well known retailer, as well as the tie rod ends and king pins.

The rack and tie rod ends took me less than an hour.

The king pins.....another story. I bet it took me 2.5 hours and it's messy. But it all came apart and went back together the way it's supposed to. I did notice that both spindles are missing grease fittings, it looks like they snapped off. That's another day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210402_094151.jpg (258.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #138
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I also had time to install the rockers trim. I ended up getting the aftermarket black diamond plate style. I think they look good. They are riveted on the top and screwed in on the side. Pretty easy to install, prob took less than an hour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210402_094254.jpg (206.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210402_094310.jpg (214.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #139
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Had some led headlights leftover from another project so I mounted them to the front bumper. Looks way better than the crappy cyclops light mounted to the body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210402_094225.jpg (302.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 08:59 AM   #140
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The original rubber floor was terrible. I found this large floor mat for $12 at the parts store so I cut it to fit. Not too shabby. It moves around a bit and is kinda thin, but I can deal with that. New factory mat is over $100!!!

I also thought of using a roll of the rubber diamond plate mat, but couldn't find any locally. I'll see about ordering some.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210402_094244.jpg (238.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO