lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Golf CArt

I just bought one and everyone is nocking in because it was made in China, what a joke you can't even buy a TV that is made in the USA, and they are knocking our carts. I haven't talked to anyone that was disappointed with one yet. Have you talked you anyone one on this matter?
Mr Dills is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #12
JerryK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I live in a golf community in NC and there are only a few E-Merges, I think maybe three. Everyone seems to like there carts. There are lot of other makes but I think the E-Merge is the best cart here.
I wish I could get some more speed out of it. I put 12" tires and wheels on made a difference for a while, but only get 20-23mph. I'd like to increase to something over 25..
I haven't found many after market stuff. I'd lioke to install a radio but haven't found one yet...
JerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #13
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

I found a guy in S Carolina that has alot of Tomberlin stuff including a neat radio system, it goes on top of the ceiling and has 4 speekers. His name is Pallmetto custom carts 1-866-569-2278, give him a call his name is Erick he is the owner, As far as speed I think you have to play with the controler, and I don't know anything about that, you might want to ask him. Let me know how you make out.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #14
JerryK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm still trying to find info on speeding up my 2007 E2. Any suggestions
Old 12-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Isn't your cart still under waranty? If it is I would wait untill its not under waranty because if anything happens to your cart the company won't take care of it. I found out that you have to program your controler with a computer. If you find someone let me know.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #16
JerryK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The warranty expired April this year...
Old 12-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #17
Mr Dills
Not Yet Wild

Well in your case you don't have too much to lose, in my case I just got one. The guy at the dealership said you can increase the speed to the controler but you have to have the software for it. Just call someone who works on the Tomberlin cart and see what they say. Let me know how you make out. What is the range on you cart and how many batteries do you have?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
JerryK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The has 6 8volt batteries. The range is suppose to be 30 miles on a full charge. I only drive it 3 or 4 miles a day. I kept it on charge when not using it. I don't think I could get 30 mile on a charge...
Old 12-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I've driven mine 15 miles+ in a day and still had a top speed in the 21-23 mph range. I don't think I would try for 30 miles. I had mine back at the shop for the 500 mile checkup and had them test the batteries. The charge meter on mine drops to just over 1/2 charge after about 5 miles, but doesn't move again for awhile. My dealer tells me this is a flaw in the charge meter. He says when you start losing charge you will lose performance. In other words top speed will start dropping to 18 mph or less.
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin