lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
aukevin
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin E2 Power Issue

I have a 2010 Emerge 2 with 6-8V batteries. I have cleaned all connections thoroughly with baking soda, water, and applied a light oil to keep from fouling up. After fully charging, I turn the key to on and the indicator light shows full charge. Once I put into forward and depress the pedal, the battery charge indicator blinks rapidly, goes dim, then totally off, along with the speedometer. If I turn the cart to off and leave it for a while, I can come back an go right back through that routine again. I hear the run/tow engage, but it quickly shorts out to no power.

I have no clue what this could be as each battery tests fine individually when they are separated, as far as voltage.

Could be a load causing it? I don't know where to start.
aukevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Beachway
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Tomberlin E2 Power Issue

Ok after renting 10 of these things out for 5 years I have finally sold them. But it sounds like one of a few things. You have a bad battery. You will need to test each one separately with a battery tester you can get from harbor freight or NAPA. Also you may have a bad cable, between your batteries, some of the corossion may have gotten into the cable. Another check I would do is your negative cable leaving the batteries and going to the controller should go to the passenger side of the controller cover and you should feel where it connects. I have seen these get crossed. Two more checks, your ignition switch connector may have corrosion in it. You have to remove the 4 screws that hold the ignition plate, to get at this. Also the accelerator connector may have corrosion in it. It is in the battery compartment drivers side all the way at the bottom, it should be a white connector zip tied up
Beachway is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin