lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
manship1856
Not Yet Wild

Default Brought my new cart home (couldn't figure out how to edit previous post)

I started a thread yesterday, something about "having a line on a cart....what's it worth". Not that exactly, but close enough. Anyway, I went and had a look at it and ended up bringing it home. Wasn't exactly what I expected, but I think I did ok. Here's the details.

No motor. No batteries. The battery tray looks pretty bad. I'm assuming the controller is ok, but it might not be. Who knows. It has a run/tow(maintenance) switch. The wheels and tires go back to the guy and he's replacing them with more normal wheels and tires. Just couldn't get them switched out today and he's a good friend of some of my extended family. A man's word still means something in the South. He's also going to try and find the motor that burned up. He said if he can find it he'll send it to me.

Because of all the stuff missing, I look at it as an opportunity to do whatever I want. I'm not sure what direction I want to go...48v, motorcycle engine, Briggs and Stratton conversion...Lots of possibilities.

Anyway, the pictures are posted below. I brought it home for $300. I think I got a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

manship1856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brought my new cart home (couldn't figure out how to edit previous post)

Cart appears to be a DCS (run/tow switch with F/R switch by knee). So, a sepex system (vs series). Mid to late 90's. Controllers were a weak spot on these carts so don't be surprised if it is bad. Battery tray doesn't look that bad to me but hard to tell sometimes from pictures. Hopefully someone who has experience with battery tray restoration will chime in.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
manship1856
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Brought my new cart home (couldn't figure out how to edit previous post)

What would be the best way to find out if the controller is bad or not? Is there a way without all the parts that are missing currently?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

For $300, you did fine! Lovin' those baby moons!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Good deal for $300!!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 AM   #6
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I would buy it right now, but the weathers way too bad to go North right now.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

$300 is a good deal
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
manship1856
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
$300 is a good deal
I think so too. If you know anybody that needs one, send them my way. I'm in the for sale forum.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You need to figure out what you want to use the cart for. If it is anything more demanding than golf or a campground queen then you need to upgrade the speed control, solenoid, cables, and in your case the motor. I know that sounds like a lot of parts but look at the bright side - you got it cheap and you'll have a whole new drive system
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The batteries trays on both my carts were that bad or worse. I just coated them with POR and reinforced with 1"x 1/8" bar aluminum riveted in.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO