lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #121
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DIY 101 - 14 cell Nissan Leaf lithium pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Sween View Post
Mcjefe
Thanks for this post did you happen to post the electrical schematic that's in the background taped to your wall somewhere?
You can find it on post #32 of this thread.

This is the best thread for leaf conversion I have found on here. It definitely helped me to do my pack!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #122
Shawn Sween
Not Yet Wild

I’m doing a 6-seater shuttle build. I would like to use the Navitas AC/DC conversion and get the voltage as high as possible. I believe their controller will take up to a 100v, but I have to keep in mind the regen voltage. (I will double check the info above with them before hooking it up.)
So, for now, I was thinking about taking 10 Leaf Packs wired in series to get 84v @ 85.7AH, but I’m not sure if the amp hours are correct.
Any input would be great.
Shawn Sween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:57 PM   #123
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
I’m doing a 6-seater shuttle build. I would like to use the Navitas AC/DC conversion and get the voltage as high as possible. I believe their controller will take up to a 100v, but I have to keep in mind the regen voltage. (I will double check the info above with them before hooking it up.)

So, for now, I was thinking about taking 10 Leaf Packs wired in series to get 84v @ 85.7AH, but I’m not sure if the amp hours are correct.

Any input would be great.
I would do bigger than 10pack for more range. Think a member on here is doing a 21 module build.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #124
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I was thinking about taking 10 Leaf Packs wired in series to get 84v @ 85.7AH
What generation of leaf cells are you considering? I thought Gen 2 were 66 amp hours. Also, you don't want to charge to a full 4.2 volts per cell. 4.05 to 4.15 is the general range where people decide to stop the charge. If you charged to 4.1vpc with ten Gen 2 modules that's 82V at 66AH. If you use 20 modules that's still 82v but 132 amp hours.

You could do 11 modules for 66AH @ 90.2 volts (4.1vpc * 2 cells per module * 11 modules). If your goal is high voltage then 90.2v is pretty high...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #125
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Sorry I didn't get back sooner bit I've been s little distracted recently. In the cart I just finished I used a programmable monitor called "Battery Failsafe Device". I wired it to B- and the 48v output/ controller side of the solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE,

Just curious which of the battery alarm settings you used for this meter to sound the alarm?
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:37 AM   #126
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensidcamper View Post
MCJEFE,

Just curious which of the battery alarm settings you used for this meter to sound the alarm?
I don't remember exactly, but I set it somewhere around 48v. If someone is driving around not paying attention to the voltage, when the carts unloaded voltage reaches around 50v you will see the voltage begin to sag down into the alert range of the sensor on acceleration and under load, it begins to squeal with each push of the pedal. As the voltage continues to quickly drop it becomes more persistent (nagging) until you plug in the cart.
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #127
Curtisgc1
Not Yet Wild

Hi, I have been looking all over for a parts list for your build. Do you have one available? Also, any experience with a polaris ranger ev? Thanks in advance
Curtisgc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:25 AM   #128
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

MCJEFE, I just wanted to say thanks to you for sharing your experience. This thread inspired me to learn about Lithium and make the switch. I started reading in January of 2019 and finally just made the switch. You, Sergio, PingEye3, and many many others are to be commended for sharing you knowledge. Thank you.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:41 PM   #129
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensidcamper View Post
MCJEFE, I just wanted to say thanks to you for sharing your experience. This thread inspired me to learn about Lithium and make the switch. I started reading in January of 2019 and finally just made the switch. You, Sergio, PingEye3, and many many others are to be commended for sharing you knowledge. Thank you.
What is your experience post conversion? Have you noticed significantly better power curve and better top end and acceleration? I'm putting together my buy list right now and interested to hear your thoughts. Would you mind sharing your total build cost?
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:39 AM   #130
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbop View Post
What is your experience post conversion? Have you noticed significantly better power curve and better top end and acceleration? I'm putting together my buy list right now and interested to hear your thoughts. Would you mind sharing your total build cost?
In the end I followed Sergio's build pattern. Check out that thread. I documented my experience there. I spent around $725 but could have been closer to $650 with some patience. I have a 7 leaf pack for about $500 more it could be a 14 leaf set. Distance is 15 miles with two people in the cart. I have a stock motor and controller so I only get 14mph but it gets there immediately and doesn't drop even in the rolling hills area where I live. Best upgrade i could have made.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium